Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

King Bed Suggestions

Hey Team - Just bought a Solitude 310 - very Excited - KING BED

Even the sales rep said - 'Yes - everyone changes mattress out '

Can you guys weigh in on 2" memory foam topper??? or what have you all done to change out mattress - and where did you get it

thanks much - look forward to seeing you on the road

DB

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DBISS7 View Post

Can you guys weigh in on 2" memory foam topper??? or what have you all done to change out mattress - and where did you get it

DB
    Lots (and lots) of discussion about mattress' on the forum here. Use the search function (upper right of every page). I entered just "mattress" and came up with 2,300 hits. I entered "memory foam" and came up with 470 hits. Lots of reading material.

In answer to your question, we replaced our "stock" mattress with a residential one (Serta iComfort Hybrid) after trying a couple of different foam mattress toppers. Be aware that the RV king is slightly different size than a "standard" king. Ours is a Queen, so I can not help here, but again many discussions on these forums.

Chris
    Last edited by CoChris; 03-21-2021 at 07:14 PM.
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We put a 12" Zinus in out last rv but was very heavy and wife could not raise bed. Our new Grand Design we installed a 10" Graphite infused memory foam from The American Mattress Co. and we like it. Just remember the rv king's are different size than a traditional house king which limit's your buying option's. Most rv kings are 72 x 80
    2021 351MR
    2017 Jayco 377rlbh (sold)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just purchased this for our 310.
    RV king (72X80) very comfortable and not much heavier than the original mattress.
    https://www.mattressfirm.com/sleepys...efault&start=1

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I almost forgot. It's on sale 30%off and the sales man took off another 15%. We got it for almost half off.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Measure carefully. Our RV King in the Solitude was easily replaced by residential California King Purple Hybrid. If so, you have tons of stock options! Do know there are dozens of custom mattress makers across the US that can make custom-sized options in all types of construction and support. We had a Vermont in our last camper. So you don't necessarily have to go with an off-the-shelf RV mattress or cut-down foam.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just put an original model Purple gel, full king size squeezes in on the sides just a bit but it fits. Money well spent, very comfortable if you like medium soft but with good support.
    https://purple.com/mattresses/purple-bed

Addition: its heavy, like 150 lbs, so the hydraulic helpers aren’t much help. I can lift it but too much for DW, so I’ll be doubling-up and add two more lifters or two stronger ones soon.
    Last edited by JM0397; 03-22-2021 at 08:07 AM.
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ/Z71/SRW, Long bed, Anderson UH
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JM0397 View Post

Addition: its heavy, like 150 lbs, so the hydraulic helpers aren’t much help. I can lift it but too much for DW, so I’ll be doubling-up and add two more lifters or two stronger ones soon.
    I have replaced numerous struts on numerous vehicles, trailers, furniture, etc. Like these folks a lot for replacement struts. https://www.liftsupportsdepot.com/ Needed new ones when we replaced our queen with a Molecule 1 memory foam. When I put the original mattress back in before we sold the 312, I had forgotten about the new struts. Popped the bed up like a catapult and could barely get it closed with the replacement struts still on there. Good thing I kept the OEM struts. (And to think my wife wanted me to throw them away. )

Regarding mattress sizing in GD units, I was under the impression that the queen and king mattresses were residential size and were a 1-for-1 swap. Is that not correct?)
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DB
    We bought a 310 in January and changed out the mattress for a Brooklyn Wanderlust mattress. 12 inch, 72 X 80. You can go 70 X 80, and that would be fine, but you can't go shorter than 80, because of the frame of the bed (with the pull out drawer/step).

https://rvmattress.com/products/broo...31980893306927

We have only slept on it one night. It seemed fantastic. (We have a Temperpedic at home and it felt better than that. Of course these foam mattresses all start out great, then degrade over time)

Also, we did remove those side tables on each side of the bed.
    2021 Solitude 310GK
    2021 F350 DRW 4x4 CC XL 176" WB 6.7L PSD

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DB
    RV king size beds and normal king size beds are not the same size. We went out and bought a sleep number king bed from Camping World. It's funny it's actually smaller than a regular king bed but cost just as much

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast