User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lippert TPMS Questions

We are picking up our 2021 2970RL in a few weeks and when I was doing the PDI i noticed it was prewired for the Tire Linc system. I was a little hesitant at first to invest the $$$, but after careful consideration figured better safe then sorry, we spent a load on the trailer so what's a little more to keep both us and the investment safe. I'll change out the tires at some point this summer and ditch the china bombs (as I've heard so many people refer to them)

My question comes after reviewing the literature on the Lippert system. It says it has temp rating of -55 to 400 degrees, and pressure rating from 0-188 PSI. I can figure out what the correct inflation of my tires should be, but I'm baffled when it comes to the temp setting. Just wondering if anyone has an idea as to what would be an appropriate setting? I imagine it would change based on driving conditions/time of year/location, etc, but I could really use a starting point.

Thanks

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G&M2970RL View Post
    We are picking up our 2021 2970RL in a few weeks and when I was doing the PDI i noticed it was prewired for the Tire Linc system. I was a little hesitant at first to invest the $$$, but after careful consideration figured better safe then sorry, we spent a load on the trailer so what's a little more to keep both us and the investment safe. I'll change out the tires at some point this summer and ditch the china bombs (as I've heard so many people refer to them)

My question comes after reviewing the literature on the Lippert system. It says it has temp rating of -55 to 400 degrees, and pressure rating from 0-188 PSI. I can figure out what the correct inflation of my tires should be, but I'm baffled when it comes to the temp setting. Just wondering if anyone has an idea as to what would be an appropriate setting? I imagine it would change based on driving conditions/time of year/location, etc, but I could really use a starting point.

Thanks
    On our 320MKS, I have mine set to 93 PSI at the maximum, to allow for heat expansion, and it will alarm if it loses 30 PSI. For temperature, I currently have it set at 96° to alert on the high end, which will be adjusted, based on the time of year.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks MoonShadow appreciate the help

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I run with a TST 507 system and have for 8 years.. I have the temp set at 155 degrees.. its not unusual at all to see tire temps at 130 when towing during the summer... Also.. your tires on the side that sun shine on when towing will always show higher air pressure and higher temp

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have Westlake ST205/75R 14. on our trailer does any one know what the:
    Low/High Pressure Threshold should be:
    High Temp Threshold should be:
    Maximum Temp Change Limit should be:

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolly Copp View Post
    I would set your low for whatever your tire requires
    50,65lbs.
    I would set the maximums after a trip
    See what they all get to and set it one point higher than that perhaps. Take which side the sun is on into consideration as well

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Folks... just installed the Lippert TPMS (that came with the RV... plus it also came with the Sensor Alert you can keep in the cab).

Reading the manual, when you have it pair (recognize) to each valve stem unit, it sets the upper and lower limits to +/- 20%... so I left mine the way they adjusted for max/min for both PSI and F

Not sure that is the correct thing to do... but thought it would be a safe way to go until I find out from folks, like you, if there is a better way to set the limits. My tires call for 80 PSI and that is exactly what was measured by the TPMS... so I think, for now, I am set... but would appreciate your valued thoughts...

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it’s the same as a Solitude, it’s prewired in the most basic, $2.00 cheap plastic thingy can be - it’s simply a cheap little plastic docking station with the hot 12v wire already attached. Handy sure, but no big deal to switch it out. After researching various products, I took the Lippert thing out and installed a Tire Tracker 600. The Lippert system doesn’t give guaranteed alerts unless you buy the extra alert tool for $80.
    There are better products for less money, IMO.
    https://www.tiretraker.com/proddetail.php?prod=TT600-4
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ/Z71/SRW, Long bed, Anderson UH
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolly Copp View Post
    Hi Dolly - I don't have a similar setup as you so unfortunately I can't respond to your question. That said, I'd keep a close eye on the Westlake treads as there are volumes of comments on here about problems with the Westlakes. They were original on my RV (I had G-rated). They lasted about 9,000 miles but wore very unevenly. I replaced them 3 stops ago because the inside rear tread was worn. I replaced them with the same size but Sailun brand (because I couldn't get Goodyear in time) and am happy so far. Might be worth your while to search this forum for other people's experiences with Westlake. Sorry for the news
    Jeff & Ally
    Started in Colorado Springs, Nov 2020 - full-timers
    Navy CPO ISC (SW/AW)
    RVIA Certified Tech (L1)
    2019 Grand Design - Solitude 377MBS
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax/Allison Standard Bed SRW

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    155* - 160* is fine for bearings. But also realize that stem mounted sensors can't really give you an accurate temp reading. I still carry an IR gun.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997