Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reflection 303RLS missing ductwork!

When I was cleaning one time, I noticed that I could see light through the heat register on the floor directly behind the toilet. When I had a service tech to come out for another issue, I told him about it and asked him to see what was going on.

He opened the storage bay door and then removed a panel that separated the furnace from the storage compartment. With a light, he explored for a sec, then popped his head out and said, “There is no ductwork from the furnace to that bathroom register.”

I took a look, because I could not believe what he was saying. Sure enough, the register wasn’t connected to anything. Just open to the air under the floor. That’s why we keep finding spiders and such in the bathroom. ��

Please tell me that Grand Design didn’t do this intentionally.

Anyone else have this issue??

(I just learned that this thing is a return air duct. But it still needs to have a screen underneath it to prevent spiders and such from crawling up into the trailer.)
    Last edited by MountainMimi; 03-24-2021 at 03:37 PM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainMimi View Post
    When I was cleaning one time, I noticed that I could see light through the heat register on the floor directly behind the toilet. When I had a service tech to come out for another issue, I told him about it and asked him to see what was going on.

He opened the storage bay door and then removed a panel that separated the furnace from the storage compartment. With a light, he explored for a sec, then popped his head out and said, “There is no ductwork from the furnace to that bathroom register.”

I took a look, because I could not believe what he was saying. Sure enough, the register wasn’t connected to anything. Just open to the air under the floor. That’s why we keep finding spiders and such in the bathroom. ��

Please tell me that Grand Design didn’t do this intentionally. If they did, that is just a stupid thing to do. (I’m being nice, saying that. Because it’s worse than stupid.)

Anyone else have this issue??
    I believe the vent behind the toilet is usually the fresh air return, not a vent from the furnace providing heat. The hot air actually comes in from a round vent at the bottom of the vanity.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, that makes sense. Except they don't put any kind of screen over that fresh air return, so it's a doorway for bugs and spiders. I can remedy that by putting a piece of screen on the underside of the opening. I've settled down, now. ;-)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You also have open returns under the front “coffee counter” area, under the drawer set.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh