Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

City Water Hook Up

Greetings,

We are new owners of a 2021 Imagine XLS 22 MLE. It's not our first camper as we've been doing this for 15+ years, however, it's the first with an inside city water hook up. All of our previous trailers had the city water hook up on the outside.

Given that the actual connection is in the front compartment, are people concerned about potential leaks? If the hose were to develop even a pin hole leak at the fitting, it could spray water inside the compartment for hours before it's noticed. With an outside hose, it really would not matter.

I was thinking about getting a washing machine, braided stainless steel hose to go from the city inlet to the outside where the 25 or 50 foot drinking water hose would connect and then go to the spigot on the site. The braided SS hose is probably not drinking water safe though.

What does everyone do? Just connect up and hope for the best?

Thanks, Drew

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never had a leak

If you are concerned put a water monitor below the connection in the wet bay

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new 22mle!

That’s a good question about using a washing machine hose. I’d have to look up to see if it’s potable. We use a 90° brass angle and connect a couple of the short hoses that come with the Camco inline water filter:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Camco-400...ater/249436248
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Govee Water Detectors, 100dB Adjustable Audio Alarm, Sensitive Leak and Drip Alert, for Kitchen Bathroom Basement (Battery Included) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V4R16HX...1Q8RXA4F5D5FXC

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could always hook up to city water and fill your fresh water tank and then shut off the water source and run off of your pump.....repeat as needed. My last trailer had a dedicated door for the warter hookups and the entire areas was water proof so it wasn't a concern but with our new Imagine, we will need to be a bit more conscious of our connections. I typically check a couple of times after first hooking up to see if any leaks occur. A small drip is fine as it will just run out the passthru hole in the bottom. But have never had a leak occur (knock on wood).

I also use a 90' elbow and then from that point all the way to the hookup point, I have quick disconnects for every connection point. (i.e. elbow to hose, hose to inline filter and pressure regulator all have quick disconnect fittings and then thread the regulator onto the source hookup).
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram2500 Laramie CC 6.7 Cummins Diesel w/air-ride auto leveling
    USMC Veteran

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone.

I hadn't thought about an alarm. That might help. I do have a 90 deg elbow I plan to use. What brought this to mind was when I realized I bought my favorite fresh water hose in 2004. Hmm, I think using that one is an accident waiting to happen. I'll definitely get a new hose before hooking up to the new Imagine.

-Drew

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed these. Under the water heater, under the kitchen sink and one in the bay.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    2020 Imagine 2450RL born 7/2019 Anderson hitch
    2007 Tundra 5.7 with tow package and RAS
    Both retired - still have our S&B
    US Army vet (Air Cav baby!) Gulf war combat veteran