Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regular wax or Ceramic Coating?

I've got a 2021 Reflection 31MB 5th wheel that we've had for about 1.5 years and it's stored outside. I've waxed the cap a few times but the whole rig needs to be polished and waxed. I found a detailer that does both cars and RVs and he uses a random orbital buffer to avoid swirl marks. He mentioned Ceramic coating but said it is WAY MORE expensive to use. I searched Ceramic coating and there seems to be mixed opinions about it. Anyone here use Ceramic and was it worth the extra expense?
    Last edited by 1carguy; 06-24-2022 at 03:04 PM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Limited experience so far but I like the hybrid ceramic coatings. I applied it to my Flagstaff and it was easier then regular wax and seemed to be holding up better. I think I used McGuires

The true ceramic should be good but not a DIY solution
    2021 Imagine 2800BH
    2017 Flagstaff 831CLBSS - Sold 5/2021.
    2017 F150 Super crew, 3.5EB, long bed, max tow, 1800lbs payload. Pro Pride, prior WDH Blue Ox SwayPro

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like @llr2800 limited experience too.

We have an Imagine XLS and from my research it has a rolled aluminum front cap with a baked-on brown finish. I use Wash Wax All for the sides and rear but was having trouble getting bird droppings off the front cap. Someone on another forum recommended Mothers CMX Advanced Science Ceramic spray coating.

I picked up a container and have used it twice. Now it seems when I wash it the droppings come off easier. But that’s the limit to my experience.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger1 View Post

We have an Imagine XLS and from my research it has a rolled aluminum front cap with a baked-on brown finish. I use Wash Wax All for the sides and rear but was having trouble getting bird droppings off the front cap. Someone on another forum recommended Mothers CMX Advanced Science Ceramic spray coating.

I picked up a container and have used it twice. Now it seems when I wash it the droppings come off easier. But that’s the limit to my experience.
    Well now, off I go shopping again. Lol, thanks for the tip.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used the Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic for the first wax of the Solitude. Don't believe it contains a cleaner because it was difficult to get off small sap spots and other dirt that didn't come off during washing. Had to rub really hard so could not use the orbital. Saw this: Meguiar's M5032 Marine/RV One Step Cleaner Wax, and will try it next time. Perhaps a coat or two of this, then the hybrid ceramic would go on easier.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000AY50X...t_details&th=1
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used this on the front cap of my 351M. It's seems to be a step up from a hybrid ceramic wax. It's dead simple to apply, honestly easier than wax. Get it clean, pull off the old wax with a quick clay, do some polishing, then apply this. Did it about 6 months ago and the nose is in really good shape, nothing seems to be sticking to it, less water lines, etc.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger1 View Post

I've heard positive things about the Mothers spray as well..thanks for the first hand note about it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the Meguires Hybrid Ceramic. Works as well or better than wax, is very easy to apply, and lasts a long time.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser