User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine 2670MK where should we put Lithium batteries?

Hi,
    On a 5th wheel battery placement is not a big source of concern.. but in our Imagine 2670MK I'm not sure where i should put Lithium batteries? I'll be my project for the beginning of summer. We don't need much, just looking to stay at a harvest host from time to time, absolutely no need to go crazy. Just enough to keep tv, lights and the heartbeat of the tailor working for a day or so. I'll probably add a solar panel later, but not now. I was thinking something l this bundle, but with 1 or 2 batteries. But where should i put them? It's either pass through or under the bed i guess. I don't feel comfortable sleeping on top of those, but in the pass through, I'm not sure how to secure them properly.

What are you guys doing?

Thanks,
    Eric

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The same way you would secure them under the bed

Build something

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eveilleu View Post
    Hi,
    On a 5th wheel battery placement is not a big source of concern.. but in our Imagine 2670MK I'm not sure where i should put Lithium batteries? I'll be my project for the beginning of summer. We don't need much, just looking to stay at a harvest host from time to time, absolutely no need to go crazy. Just enough to keep tv, lights and the heartbeat of the tailor working for a day or so. I'll probably add a solar panel later, but not now. I was thinking something l this bundle, but with 1 or 2 batteries. But where should i put them? It's either pass through or under the bed i guess. I don't feel comfortable sleeping on top of those, but in the pass through, I'm not sure how to secure them properly.

What are you guys doing?

Thanks,
    Eric
    I am doing something similar and these are going under the bed so they don't walk. If you have a Costco membership have a look ($1,399). https://www.costco.com/lion-energy-s...100663833.html
    Last edited by mnrover; 03-08-2021 at 07:12 PM.
    Long Island, New York

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My two lions energy went under the bed, inverter is in the pass through.
    Imagine 2020 2670MK,
    2021 RAM 2500

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking maybe a box like this. https://www.etrailer.com/Battery-Box.../TLA7700L.html

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make sure it fits in the spot for the battery box. I got a two battery plastic box that fits on the tongue with a few inches to spare but don't recall the dimensions. Now I use it for wood blocks for under the tongue and stabilizers.
    Imagine 2020 2670MK,
    2021 RAM 2500

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the pass through with the Victron inverter charger 12/3000 /120. Storage inside the trailer more valuable than outside. Keeping my wife’s shoes in the pass through is no bueno.

Beside we don’t worry about temperature like you must with lithium. We have Oasis Firefly carbon foam AGM.
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM