User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you adjust the 5th wheel hitch? We moved it off the factory setting to get it level while trying several AUH settings on level ground.
    I think I’m on the lowest setting on the AUH now. If I was to go off the beaten path I would raise the AUH 2”.
    Bob and Cheryl, Puka the doodle
    2018 Ram 2500 Crew,Diesel,4x4
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    2012 Palomino 6.5 camper

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can’t imagine your front is longer than mine. This setting allows me not to hit the cab, I can go 90 degrees but never would. 5er is level when towing.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BEB5FFC8-3F7C-4EA4-89D9-97734F194216.jpeg 
Views:	30 
Size:	655.7 KB 
ID:	32888

Sorry if upside down again
    Bob and Cheryl, Puka the doodle
    2018 Ram 2500 Crew,Diesel,4x4
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    2012 Palomino 6.5 camper

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine is different than your Breakfastin.

Quote Originally Posted by Rgpracer View Post
    Thanks, thats the way mine is.
    Quote Originally Posted by BreakfastinAmerica View Post
    I can’t imagine your front is longer than mine. This setting allows me not to hit the cab, I can go 90 degrees but never would. 5er is level when towing.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BEB5FFC8-3F7C-4EA4-89D9-97734F194216.jpeg 
Views:	30 
Size:	655.7 KB 
ID:	32888

Sorry if upside down again

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have the Andersen set up for an SB truck? The turning point pin box should allow 90* with the SB. It does with an F150 and the SB is only 5'5" I think.
    There's a couple ways you can configure the Andersen.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree CW, I know what it looks like and the sounds it makes when I get close and WILL NOT unless 100% needed, then I will go to plan "B", which I will formulate when time comes. 👌

Thanks Sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
    When I see someone turning a 5er close to 90 degrees I watch the tires and they are scrubbing sideways and putting a lot of sideways force on the tires sidewalls, hubs, axles. I would try to keep my backing turns no more than 45 to 50 degrees and then pull forward and try to straighten out the truck. I personnel have never needed to crank it 90 degrees that would be close to doing a U-turn in reverse by the time you get the truck to straighten back out. I never had a slider with a 6-foot bed and never had a problem.
    Msgt Ray (Ret) and Margie Parker
    2022 GD 303RLS w/Gen-Y gooseneck
    2020 Ram 2500 HD Cummins 6.7/3.73 gears

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    Do you have the Andersen set up for an SB truck? The turning point pin box should allow 90* with the SB. It does with an F150 and the SB is only 5'5" I think.
    There's a couple ways you can configure the Andersen.
    Go ducks, all is correct with set up, just won't get myself into a 90° pickle..
    Msgt Ray (Ret) and Margie Parker
    2022 GD 303RLS w/Gen-Y gooseneck
    2020 Ram 2500 HD Cummins 6.7/3.73 gears

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, this is a stretch, but you all pull with soooooo many different vehicles, I thought I'd try.
    I have a 2020 Ram 2500 with short 5'7" bed. I use the stock pin box and am using the Anderson Ultimate Hitch. With this setup, I can't do a 90° turn (or backup) without the cab and front end of the camper coming in contact. What hitch can I change to that will allow a few more inches of depth in the bed?

Thanks
    Ray
    I have the same truck as you and am also looking at 5th wheels. I will be going with a slider hitch when I go the 5th wheel route. I have a few friends with short beds and 5er and they all use the sliding hitches with no problems.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oops, you are correct 6.4 and still hits.
    No, i know the strain on the axles and you should never do it in purpose, just don't wanna take a cbeing careful is the other optiin.

Thanks Sir.

hance.....
    And I stand corrected as well.. My truck was a 2007 GMC 2500HD Crew Cab with a short box (6.62 feet). I had a Reese sliding hitch that I used the slider function only once backing into a tight campsite.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, this is a stretch, but you all pull with soooooo many different vehicles, I thought I'd try.
    I have a 2020 Ram 2500 with short 5'7" bed. I use the stock pin box and am using the Anderson Ultimate Hitch. With this setup, I can't do a 90° turn (or backup) without the cab and front end of the camper coming in contact. What hitch can I change to that will allow a few more inches of depth in the bed?

Thanks
    Ray

I don’t believe it will work with the AUH but I use a Reese Sidewinder pin box with a conventional hitch to tow my 5er with my short bed Ram 2500. The Lippert Turning Point is basically the same but they all require a conventional hitch so the wedge will lock into the slot in front of the jaws. It moves the pivot point back to the turret, approximately 22 inches if you have an extended pin box.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pawsitivedivetraining View Post
    Which direction do you have the block installed on your pin box? I used ours with the block so that the ball from the hitch was behind the pin. There are measurements in the owners manual that guide which direction to put the block.

When ours was forward, our pin box actually would have hit the bed rails and cab if we didn't have a spotter to make sure there wasn't contact.

Hope this helps and makes sense.
    X2...on my Anderson you could turn the hitch around in the bed. Moved everything back about 10". you could also move the block around on the pin box to give you a few more inches.
    2023 Rockwood Signature 2442 BS
    2022 Ram 3500 Longhorn Limited , 6.7 CTD, 4x4

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast