User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have to push switch twice to operate slide

On my solitude the swintec slides have started needing to push the switch twice to slide the slides in or out. Three different slides operated by three different switches. This has just started happening whether connected to shore power or not. Replaced the rv battery with the same result. They use to work with one push in or out. Any suggestions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interestingly enough, I had to do this occasionally on last FR travel trailer (Schwintek slides). Not all of the time. But I would push, and nothing would happen. Then I would push again, it would work. I chalked it up to the switch starting to fail. But it wasn't bad enough where I wanted to replace it.

Ron
    Ron

2023 Reflection 297RSTS
    2022 Ram 2500 Mega Cab

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to agree, indications of the switch starting to fail. Get yourself a spare now so when it goes you can just swap it out. Pretty straightforward job and not an expensive switch.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree that it sound like the switch but it is happening with 3 different switches on 3 different slides and they all started doing this at the same time. I think it would be unusual for all
    3 to go bad at the same time but I guess it's possible.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howcar View Post
    I agree that it sound like the switch but it is happening with 3 different switches on 3 different slides and they all started doing this at the same time. I think it would be unusual for all
    Definitely and odd coincidence. Next time you operate your slides, try having it connected to shore power. If you don’t have the same conditions, meaning you don’t have to hot the button twice maybe a low voltage?

I can’t really think of anything else, because loose connection or bad ground would act different.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howcar View Post
    I would think the only way for you to determine with certainty if it's the switch(s) is to measure the voltage through the switch. When you activate a switch and the slide doesn't move are you really getting 12vdc through the switch?

The second solution, as mentioned above, is to replace one of the switches with a new one and see if that cures your problem.
    2020 Reflection 273MK