User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2021 2600RB Slide Out Gaps

I was just looking around and see that the gap in the rear of the slide out on our new 2021 2600RB is a good bit bigger than the front gap. Is this an issue or is it normal?

Rear Gap

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210322_190344small.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	32875

Front Gap

Name:	20210322_190429small.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	32876
    Long Island, New York

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No. It's not. I'm not familiar with the unit to know what slide mechanism is being used. If it is a Schwintek, it is out of sync and DIY fix. If it's a through-frame system, it will need to be adjusted. The advanced DIYer can do that but otherwise leave it to a technician.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mnrover View Post
    I was just looking around and see that the gap in the rear of the slide out on our new 2021 2600RB is a good bit bigger than the front gap. Is this an issue or is it normal?

Rear Gap

Name:	20210322_190344small.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	32875

Front Gap

Name:	20210322_190429small.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	32876
    Took a while for you to get a response but here goes. With the slide completely retracted and putting my index finger just above the plastic end pieces and the coach wall. The front is tight while the rear clearly has space. OK, so I measured both sides and placed tape at selected areas on each side for measurement. With the slide retracted at the bottom, there was roughly a bit less than a centimeter difference. But as I measured to the top this difference narrowed to a few millimeters more spacious on the rear. I then extended the slide. Had roughly similar differences. The dealer did confirm that one side was in a fraction more than the other but since the seals were compressed and no water was coming in he suggested to let it go. However if the difference is more and the seal does not appear to make good contact then you might need to have this re-aligned a bit. On the Lippert site I did download a manual that goes through this very procedure. It isn't that complicated but you might refer this to your dealer or a decent mobile tech. I was told that a minor adjustment like this takes about an hour to do.

Another issue is if one of the sides comes in too much placing undue stress on the side wall of the trailer and back-wall of the slide. This would be a worse situation that you should attend to. Mine is well compressed in the front and am monitoring this once a year with the tech from the dealer as I winter store it there and always have them check an item or two before I take it out. So far so good. I do however have an other issue with the slide and that is the bowing of the floor in the center when it is retracted to the point that it is lightly chaffing the vinyl floor. But that is an unrelated issue to this problem. Good luck.
    Pierre & Tara

2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2020 GMC Sierra SLE 1500
    1200/12000 Equalizer Hitch