User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shake down trip off to a bad start...

Just pulled my new 3350RL-R to my spot in West Texas from northern Arkansas. Got everything hooked up and when I turned the water on I noticed it leaking from the blue drain valve. Turned the valve and it “opened” letting out all the air...put it back in the closed position and it kept pouring out.

Cant even find that valve online, and I’m sure it’s not gonna be fun to change out... We’d really enjoy a shower right about now, but can’t cause there’s no pressure even with letting it run. What gives?? Freaking $2 part between me and a shower or running water is pissing me off!! BTW, everything was working at PDI.
    2017 Grand Design Solitude 379fls-r

2015 F250 FX4 6.7

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say put a plug or sharkbite valve on the end of the drain line as an interim fix. If it's going to be freezing outside, use caution since that portion of pipe is exposed to the outside and will be full of water.

It will be a pita to fix, I know I wouldn't be able to reach the backside of mine to remove that pex clamp unless I pulled the water heater out.

I know it's new, but are you doing the repair or having the dealer fix it? From my experience its difficult removing the factory installed pex clamps without damaging the fitting. I feel like they install them extra tight to get the flexible hose to form a seal on the fittings.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like you are having the same luck with your shake down trip as I did. We had a massive leak in the fresh water holding tank which would not allow any water storage in the tank. Luckily we had full hookup at our campsite for the week. Shark bite fittings allow everyone to me a plumber. Use a good tubing cutter to get a nice cut on the Pex first. These trailers undergo absolutely no inspection at the factory for leaks. They intend for the dealer to "shake them down" and my advice to anyone buying a new trailer is have the dealer completely fill the tank and test every connection. Also this applies to the propane system. We continuously had an intermittent propane smell outside our camper which was so small we thought it may not be our camper. Finally after two years it got worse and I found the leak myself. The valve that threads into the tank was damaged slightly right at the top of the tank!! Grand Design would not cover it since it had been two years. I had a new valve put in at the local propane distributor.

You will undoubtedly find more issues if this is a shake down cruise.
    Last edited by Likes to tow; 10-29-2019 at 06:00 AM.

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you saying the blue line that you see in the hook up center?

That is your cold water low point drain. As said above, for now you can cap that off and not hurt anything.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 303 came with caps on the bottom of the low point drains. Occasionally we have to replace the washers inside the caps to get them to stop leaking.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I pulled it apart last night and it ended up being a tiny o-ring that fell apart. Are ball valves really THAT expensive?? I’m about to head to an RV dealer and see if they have one, if not I’ll get some shark bite 90’s and ball valves.

2015 F250 FX4 6.7

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Our 303 came with caps on the bottom of the low point drains. Occasionally we have to replace the washers inside the caps to get them to stop leaking.
    On my 303 I replaced the plugs in the low point drains with these ball valves. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

When winterizing I can open them until antifreeze flows out just like the faucets. Very hard to do with a plug.
    2019 303RLS Reflection 5th Wheel
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat 4X4 CC/SB/SRW 6.7L Diesel
    B&W Companion Slider Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well...still not fixed. Had the wife run and grab some sharkbite fittings before she left yesterday as I was headed to work, so that I could fix it this morning, take a shower (finally), and get some sleep.

Well wouldn’t you know that GD switched from Pex to a rubber hose JUST FOR THE LOW LEVEL DRAINS!?!?!? WTF?? Sharkbite no worky!

So here I sit on Tuesday morning, not having had a shower (or running water) since Saturday night, waiting for the hardware store to open so I can go spend another $50-$75 bucks trying to fix a $2 part...

You’d think for what we all pay for these that they’d use a little better parts.

Rant over. For now.

2015 F250 FX4 6.7

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadandMel View Post
    Well...still not fixed. Had the wife run and grab some sharkbite fittings before she left yesterday as I was headed to work, so that I could fix it this morning, take a shower (finally), and get some sleep.

Well wouldn’t you know that GD switched from Pex to a rubber hose JUST FOR THE LOW LEVEL DRAINS!?!?!? WTF?? Sharkbite no worky!

So here I sit on Tuesday morning, not having had a shower (or running water) since Saturday night, waiting for the hardware store to open so I can go spend another $50-$75 bucks trying to fix a $2 part...

You’d think for what we all pay for these that they’d use a little better parts.

Rant over. For now.
    Use better parts or at least have quality control and test things before they are shipped!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Likes to tow View Post
    Use better parts or at least have quality control and test things before they are shipped!!!
    Lol! Oh...but it goes through the 482 point inspection, and then another 863 point inspection at the secondary “non GD” facility.

Must have passed with flying colors until I towed it. You’d think a part that is literally secured via a plastic nut, to the wall wouldn’t develop a leak from bouncing down the road...

2015 F250 FX4 6.7

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast