User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Norcold 1210T removal (from 320MKS)

So we have a nearly brand new rig (2 months old) and the fridge fans have already gone out. Well, I'm pretty sure it's the fans. The 5amp fuse blows on E or G. I disconnected the fans and plugged one in that I got from a distributor and it runs and never blows the fuse. So, now I have to actually replace the fan(s)....

How do I get the fridge out? :-D

I'd take it back to my dealer or any local repair but we are full-timing 1 1/2 day drive from any RV repair or dealer.. yeah..

Thanks for your tips..

,Greg

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You dont need to remove the fridge. You can remove the top access panel and remove the luan board and the fans will be right there. You can either not install any luan board or make some new pieces to get in that spot. Either way will be much easier than fridge removal.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the quick reply. I do have external access to the upper portion of the fridge by removing the Acess panel (outside) The issue is, once I remove the panel there is a thin sheetmetal cover that is screwed on the from the inside.. This panel covers about 75% of the opening leaving only the top venting to the outside. I suppose this is to restrict debris from getting in (its on the rear of the unit) Very poor design. Full access could have been easily accomplished. I suppose I could cut the metal panel out but then not sure how id get another one back in.

make sense?

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get it, mine was constructed out of luan and I just broke the panel out. You could always cut the metal around the opening and put separate smaller pieces back when done. I was just trying to help avoid the fridge removal.

2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, you convinced me to not remove the fridge.. So I looked a little harder and there were just three sheet metal screws hold down the cover.. These screws went through s piece of thin 1/8 plywood then into some framing. I was able to "pry" them out with a chisel (used that over screwdriver because it's wider).

I indeed found a bad fan, removed it. and placed in the new fan. Question.. The fridge is now working (i.e not blowing the fuse). However, the fans aren't turning. Should they always turn or do they switch on when the external cooling fins reach a certain temperature?

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BirdmanG View Post
    Well, you convinced me to not remove the fridge.. So I looked a little harder and there were just three sheet metal screws hold down the cover.. These screws went through s piece of thin 1/8 plywood then into some framing. I was able to "pry" them out with a chisel (used that over screwdriver because it's wider).

I indeed found a bad fan, removed it. and placed in the new fan. Question.. The fridge is now working (i.e not blowing the fuse). However, the fans aren't turning. Should they always turn or do they switch on when the external cooling fins reach a certain temperature?
    Glad it worked out, I could be wrong (wouldn't be the first time), but I'm pretty sure they are temperature controlled. I'd leave the top access off and let it run for awhile and see if they turn on at all.

2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Glad it worked out, I could be wrong (wouldn't be the first time), but I'm pretty sure they are temperature controlled. I'd leave the top access off and let it run for awhile and see if they turn on at all.

Yes, there is a thermistor (it's black) that is, on mine anyway, that is sides into the insulation wrapped around the chimney. Since I installed the Titan fans, I want going to mess with the factory one and move it.

EDIT: Really? This is why I don't like posting things from my phone! SO many grammer and spelling issues!

Corrected text:
    "Yes, there is a thermistor (it's black), on mine anyway, it is slid into the insulation wrapped around the chimney. Since I installed the Titan fans, I wasn't going to mess with the factory one and move it."

Ugh. Sorry about that!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MoonShadow_1911; 07-22-2021 at 03:35 PM.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just returned from 4th trip with Momentum G320 and Norcold 1210 quit working. No power at all to frig. Main 15A fuse in fuse box looks good. Good power to everything else. Noticed here that fan(s)/fuses could be problem. How many are there? Are there fuses with each fan? Have not checked them yet. Where is the circuit board located? Is it in front behind the on/off button panel? Don't want to take it to dealer 1 year warranty ran out this past April. Thanks

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanski View Post
    Just returned from 4th trip with Momentum G320 and Norcold 1210 quit working. No power at all to frig. Main 15A fuse in fuse box looks good. Good power to everything else. Noticed here that fan(s)/fuses could be problem. How many are there? Are there fuses with each fan? Have not checked them yet. Where is the circuit board located? Is it in front behind the on/off button panel? Don't want to take it to dealer 1 year warranty ran out this past April. Thanks
    I'm no repair tech.... but.

I had similar issue and it was a bad fan. The seized fan kept blowing a 5A fuse, which is located on the control board of the fridge. I accessed the board from the outside of my unit through the removable panel. The fuse was under a black plastic housing. I'd first try looking at that fuse, replace it, then if it keeps blowing get a new fan. I ordered a new one from Amazon, installed it and all is well.

happy to help if you need more info.