User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mis-labeled breakers

Hello all,

I just took possession of our new 2250RK and being the technical geek that I am, I like to know how everything is wired and operates. A quick glance at my power distribution panel and I can see that something wasn't right so I figured I would look into it.

AC Side:
    I noticed there were 7 labels and only 6 breakers. I was able to identify what each of the 6 breakers were for and found 2 of them mis-labeled (see pic below) and the convertor doesn't appear to be on a breaker or I haven't figured out how to determine which one it is piggy backed on...any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

DC Side:
    I see there are 11 accessory fuse locations. There is a 30amp fuse in position #9 that is not labeled and I have no idea what it is for. If anyone has any ideas on what this could be for please feel free to chime in.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xnip2021-03-23_14-32-07.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	99.7 KB 
ID:	32897Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xnip2021-03-23_14-32-40.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	32898
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram2500 Laramie CC 6.7 Cummins Diesel w/air-ride auto leveling
    USMC Veteran

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You also don't have any breaker labeled GFCI.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobWNY View Post
    You also don't have any breaker labeled GFCI.
    Is that typically labeled as such? The main GFCI outlet is located on the side of the bathroom vanity, I assumed if I tripped it, all of the AC outlets would also trip.
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    USMC Veteran

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would be curious to see how others breaker boxes are labeled from GD.
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    USMC Veteran

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavysledz View Post
    Is that typically labeled as such? The main GFCI outlet is located on the side of the bathroom vanity, I assumed if I tripped it, all of the AC outlets would also trip.
    I have a breaker labeled GFCI but I have a receptacle in the pass through, one in both bathrooms, on the Island, behind the theater seats and in the outside kitchen. All of those run off the one breaker labeled GFCI.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, so I confirmed that the converter is on the same breaker as the fridge and TV by disconnecting the battery and turning off the breakers one by one until the lights turned off.

I also confirmed that the 30amp fuse in position #9 was for the Compass Connect.

I printed new labels to ensure everything is now correctly labeled.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4823.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	32908
    Last edited by Heavysledz; 03-23-2021 at 10:21 PM.
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    USMC Veteran

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    stuff like that leaving the factory is mind blowing to me! Our trailer left the factory with a inop converter which i found on our first trip out...
    2022 Ram 2500 Laramie - Cummins
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JetTech View Post
    stuff like that leaving the factory is mind blowing to me! Our trailer left the factory with a inop converter which i found on our first trip out...
    yea, it is a bit disheartening to find issues like this. It makes me nervous as to what other issues are out there that I am unaware of still.
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    USMC Veteran

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This topic had me concerned. We have a 2021 22mle and I just checked our circuits. It’s labeled for a 15A fuse in DC #5 (awning) but it came from the factory with a 30A fuse. All other fuses installed match the label.

Anyone have a 22mle that can verify? I’m leaning towards a wrong fuse rather than a wrong label. 30A seems pretty high for the awning.

Side question- the 22mle has a slide but none of the fuses are labeled for the slide. Could this be shared with the awning circuit? Maybe that’s the reason for the 30A fuse? If not, where’s the circuit protection for the slide?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanpdaugherty View Post
    This topic had me concerned. We have a 2021 22mle and I just checked our circuits. It’s labeled for a 15A fuse in DC #5 (awning) but it came from the factory with a 30A fuse. All other fuses installed match the label.

Anyone have a 22mle that can verify? I’m leaning towards a wrong fuse rather than a wrong label. 30A seems pretty high for the awning.

Side question- the 22mle has a slide but none of the fuses are labeled for the slide. Could this be shared with the awning circuit? Maybe that’s the reason for the 30A fuse? If not, where’s the circuit protection for the slide?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The slide should have a 30amp fuse and the awing should have a 15amp fuse. To test, pull the fuse and try to operate the awing. if it doesn't operate, then that is the correct fuse location but likely the wrong fuse size. If pulling the fuse didn't effect the awning, then try to move the slide to see if it was mislabeled. I had to do this to confirm if all of mine where labeled correctly or not. And this is how I found the 2 issues I mentioned above.

My awning on my 2250RK is 19' and is on a 15 amp fuse so suspect yours would be as well.
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    USMC Veteran