User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob+Kath View Post
    I wasn't sure how prevalent the theft issue was, so I went a little overboard and got one of these:

https://war-lok.com/collections/trac.../king-pin-lock
    It is as tough as it looks, no problems in two years.
    Rob.
    That's the same one we bought from Amazon.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's ours fabricated by a welding shop for a few dollars in 2014 by the original owner of our 303. Thought I had a picture of it mounted and locked on the king pin but did not locate that just now.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180420_120518.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	32909Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180420_120529.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	32910Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180420_120554.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	32911

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All you can do is to hope to slow a thief down and locks from Amp lock will do that. I also use a strong Master Lock through hole in hitch latch.
    https://www.amplock.com/

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckskin View Post
    All you can do is to hope to slow a thief down and locks from Amp lock will do that. I also use a strong Master Lock through hole in hitch latch.
    https://www.amplock.com/
    I use the AMPlock also. Just have to make sure it is going to work with my slider hitch plate when the hitch arrives, and hitch and plate are installed. The plate may be in the way of the Amplock but I hope not.
    2021 F250 XLT CCSB 6.2, 4.30, Iconic Silver, 2021 GD REFLECTION 295RL. PULLRITE SUPERGL. 2914
    2017 F250 Lariat CCSB 6.2 3.73, Caribou , 2013 COACHMEN FREEDOM EXPRESS 281RLDS
    2008 F150 XLT CCSB 5.4 3.55 Blue, 2008 STARCRAFT TT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had our brand new Reflection broke into twice at a storage place, after only owning it for 60 days. First time they pushed open a window and climbed through the window and stole our electronics. So we bought the following window slide locks to help secure the windows.
    Lion Locks Aluminum Sliding Door... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0714BPVGM...p_mob_ap_share

We installed these too:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Keyed-ali....m46890.l49286

2nd time they broke in, the just use forced and broke the lock and stole nothing, just did damage. Needless to say, we aren't storing there anymore. If they want in, they will get in unfortunately.

Good luck!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We went with the Proven Industries king pin lock https://www.provenlocks.com/collecti...cts/model-pl-5

We previously had their hitch lock on our travel trailer. Both units are very stout, but in the end are just a deterrent.
    Steve & Katey
    Full time since 07/01/2022
    2020 Ford F-350 DRW (5361 payload)
    2024 Solitude 390RK (FBP and Morryde IS from factory)
    2018 Reflection 337RLS (Still got it!)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gotta ask... are trailer thefts very common? I never worried about it before, but when I get my new 5th wheel it seems like cheap insurance. I’ll be storing mine on my in-laws lot and they would not know right away if it was gone.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
    Gotta ask... are trailer thefts very common? I never worried about it before, but when I get my new 5th wheel it seems like cheap insurance. I’ll be storing mine on my in-laws lot and they would not know right away if it was gone.
    I don't think it's that common, like vehicle theft, but I would rather be safe than sorry. Also, most RV theft comes from idiots breaking into the RV and stealing the contents.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobWNY View Post
    We were forced to buy one almost identical to yours from the TA Truck Stop near where we broke down in Ohio and had to leave our Solitude there for a couple of nights. I use it often. One night two years ago in a Walmart parking lot a tow truck driver beat on the door to tell us we had to move or he would tow our Solitude away. I mentioned that I had a lock. His response was that they have no trouble cutting off the ones like mine all the time...

Maybe we can get one made from tool steel?
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fez111 View Post
    We were forced to buy one almost identical to yours from the TA Truck Stop near where we broke down in Ohio and had to leave our Solitude there for a couple of nights. I use it often. One night two years ago in a Walmart parking lot a tow truck driver beat on the door to tell us we had to move or he would tow our Solitude away. I mentioned that I had a lock. His response was that they have no trouble cutting off the ones like mine all the time...

Maybe we can get one made from tool steel?
    As is often said...Locks are for honest people. Every lock can be picked or cut or hack sawed or torched or something to get them open. The idea is to be a deterrent so criminals look for an easier target. If a bad guy really wants your RV, there isn't an RV lock on the market that will stop them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast