User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
    Gotta ask... are trailer thefts very common? I never worried about it before, but when I get my new 5th wheel it seems like cheap insurance. I’ll be storing mine on my in-laws lot and they would not know right away if it was gone.
    For someone prepared to tow away a travel trailer or fifth wheel, a padlock isn't going to slow them down. Almost all padlocks can be opened in a matter of seconds, and the rest will just be cut off with a pair of bolt cutters. I'd worry more about someone breaking in, or someone stealing batteries. I do use a coupler lock on my TT but only because it's not paranoia if they really are out to get you...

But I also live in a nice neighborhood with my trailer stored next to the house. The odds are against someone trying to steal it. Or even try to break in.
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I searched many sites for a pin lock and after glowing recommendations, I ordered the War-Lok Rob uses. While a solid lock, it does not fit the 150 series Grand Design 5th wheel with the Turning Point pin box when using the wedge. I had to send mine back and I am still waiting on a refund. I hope to hear soon.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JRusso View Post
    I searched many sites for a pin lock and after glowing recommendations, I ordered the War-Lok Rob uses. While a solid lock, it does not fit the 150 series Grand Design 5th wheel with the Turning Point pin box when using the wedge. I had to send mine back and I am still waiting on a refund. I hope to hear soon.
    I also ordered the wrong AMPlock. When I received it it was round and did not clear the wedge on the 150 series 295rl. I called AMPlock and they immediately redirected me to the correct one for the Pullrite auto slider and the 150 series . It is cut out on the back side to fit the wedge. It is model LPCVRS. It is heavy, expensive and it is a beast. Love it Bu the way they accepted my return and replaced it no charge.
    2021 F250 XLT CCSB 6.2, 4.30, Iconic Silver, 2021 GD REFLECTION 295RL. PULLRITE SUPERGL. 2914
    2017 F250 Lariat CCSB 6.2 3.73, Caribou , 2013 COACHMEN FREEDOM EXPRESS 281RLDS
    2008 F150 XLT CCSB 5.4 3.55 Blue, 2008 STARCRAFT TT

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should check out Fort Knox Locks. I’ve been super impressed with ours. Thx-lm

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtDobber View Post
    You should check out Fort Knox Locks. I’ve been super impressed with ours. Thx-lm
    They are nice locks, but do they have one that fits the king pin with the Series 150 wedge in place (using the Pullrite slider hitch)? Do you know which model would do that? thx
    2021 F250 XLT CCSB 6.2, 4.30, Iconic Silver, 2021 GD REFLECTION 295RL. PULLRITE SUPERGL. 2914
    2017 F250 Lariat CCSB 6.2 3.73, Caribou , 2013 COACHMEN FREEDOM EXPRESS 281RLDS
    2008 F150 XLT CCSB 5.4 3.55 Blue, 2008 STARCRAFT TT

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123