User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In general, they have put a lot of thought into the design of the RV, far better than most other companies, so very high marks for that.
    They assemble like all other brands, so there's lots of room for mistakes in production. I'd guess they are about average here.
    While they and most of their dealers do a very good job in inspection/correction before delivery, things still get missed. They generally are way above average here - but there can be a lot of variation at this step as to what is inspected and caught, and what isn't.
    They are at the mercy of what they can get for all the components, which are the same as almost any other RV company uses. In many cases, there just isn't anything better to choose from. When there is, they tend to go with it, subject to trying to keep the overall costs in line (ie - change from Lippert axels to Dexter, etc.)
    They have had a fantastic reputation for after purchase support. Far, far better than any other manufacturer.
    Like all others, they have been slammed with COVID staffing and supply chain problems, and HUGE demand for their products. Which has also brought a hard-to-handle surge in after sale service requests. So response can be uneven.

But in the end, when looking at the alternatives, they are still "the best", even if "best" is a relative term.
    Don't expect "best" to mean "perfect". But with Grand Design, the odds of having issues that they won't take care of is far below that of any other comparable RV manufacturer.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^^^ This is very well said
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMarrs View Post
    DrMarrs said:
    Today 03:34 AM
    I'm suppose to be picking up my 261bh next week... lately I've been second guessing my choice since I have heard many people complaining of problems with the grand designs right out the gate in the Facebook owner group. Most of them around around waterleaks, furnace issues and the refrigerator failures.

Someone ease my mind as this is my first RV and I think I have researched this to death therfore have a jaded view now on grand designs quality.
    The first thing I would say is you need to consider the source of your information. Some online platforms are more negative than others. It is human nature for people who perceive they have a gripe to gripe about it. In general, negative people write negative reviews and speak negatively about the things they don't like more loudly than the people that are perfectly satisfied or happy with their situation. If you go hang out on the Jayco or Forest River social media groups I'm sure you will come away with the same if not worse impression.

I'll start by being positive and saying, WE LOVE OUR 2021 GRAND DESIGN IMAGINE 2970RL! ZERO COMPLAINTS! We got exactly what we expected. Actually we love it more than expected.

Looking at the forum numbers there are 29,613 members in this forum with 32,470 discussion threads. I have been on this forum since July 31, 2020. I read the forum regularly, probably too regularly, and since my joining I can recall 3 maybe 4 posts where someone said they were completely dissatisfied with GD and wish they had never bought one (paraphrasing). So I think that is a low percentage of completely dissatisfied owners.

If you have indeed researched this to death I hope you have run across some folks that have said, "buying a trailer is not like buying a car" which is what I think some people think. There will most likely be some issues to be resolved. Another example, if you have a new home built and the refrigerator stops working 2 months after you move in do you associate the broken refrigerator with the qualify of the home builder? I wouldn't. Because Whirlpool made the refrigerator that broke, not the homebuilder. The same with RVs, there are many, many components in an RV that were not made by the RV manufacturer. But for some reason when the Dometic refrigerator breaks and Grand Design gets blamed. Bottom line is quality assurance for manufacturers involved in the RV industry is not all that good. That applies to everyone - Lippert, Dometic, Coleman, Furrion, Norcold, Highpointe, Westlake, and the list goes on.

The problem is not the problem, because stuff happens - things break. The problem is when the folks you hope can help aren't there for you. My information in speaking with other GD owners, and posts on this forum, is that GD steps up when necessary. Even when they don't have to but they do. It seems for other manufacturers when you reach out there is no one there.

The only thing I can say to ease your mind is for you to have a realistic expectation of the RV experience. Things will happen and things will break. As many members on this forum have stated, "I expect to have to work on my rig when things might break." If you are buying an RV and expect to do nothing on it and take it to the dealer for everything then your experience will be different than mine. If you are going to depend on the dealer for every thing then your RV will be in the shop, more accurately waiting to be worked on, more than it will be in a campground.

Problems do come-up and do exist in RV's and the industry. That is why it is so great to have a forum such as this one! (Thank you moderators!) We help each other out when needed. We are all in the same storm. We can pick which boat we are in with realistic expectations.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We picked up our 2021 265bh last weekend and have some minor things that need to be done by dealer but were expecting that, no big deal. The one big thing that we didn’t expect is to have to replace the tires right away. The 265bh comes with Westlake tires that according to many reviews are complete crap. We drove 600 miles home from the dealer (got a great deal out of state) and my husband noticed some pretty big dents on the tires. After doing some research we decided to swap them out for Goodyear to avoid a blow out. We will definitely be contacting Westlake, GD and the dealer about this.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We own and live full time in a 2021 GD Solitude 390RK-R. My first GD 7th RV trailer. We picked it up in December and are currently down in the keys. We got a Monday trailer not a single issue other than incredibly minor stupid issues I could fix with 30 seconds hasn’t seen a dealer since we picked it up. Came from a 2019 Keystone Alpine that was a Friday trailer and every time we drove down the road doors wouldn’t close, random screws (still never found out where they went) ended up on the ground everytime, one thing after another. Is that a keystone issue? No not necessarily a lot of the items and appliances GD uses are the same as keystone. However the one thing I’ll say. We had an issue in Louisiana with a water leak. Thought it was the nautilus plumbing. Called the dealer and they couldn’t get us in for over 30 days. Tried their other locations across 3 states and the same issue. Finally called GD for my first time and their CS on the phone immediately gave me permission to get a mobile tech out to the campsite and they would pay for it and don’t even try and see a dealer just have the tech call them with invoice. Ended up being a hot water inlet valve that had a crack on the Splendide washer. Point being all trailers have the same issues when they use the same suppliers. GD has so far impressed the hell out of me and would and me buy another one hands down even if I didn’t have a Monday trailer with no issues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I purchased a 2020 Reflection 2/15/2020. Please consider this - Our camper is parked in a permanent location, never trailerd, other than from the factory to TN and 15 miles to my camp site. We are hooked to City water (Well) and septic. We use it almost every weekend Spring through fall. I just returned from our Spring Break, so our 1 year anniversary and everything is working fine.

The one and only thing that is an issue is, the Bathroom switched LED light has a sporadic flicker issue, that's it. (Need to pull it down & check the connections)

I thought I had an issue with the Fridge - Had condensation water on the floor - Turns out OE (Operator Error) When we defrosted the fridge at the end of the season, I disconnected the condensate trough to drain, plugged it back in and instead of hitting the nipple into the hose, I actually collapsed the condensate hose. It is a pesky little thing to get re-connected correctly. My Jensen stereo clock was working, however would not power up - Checked the fuse, all good - pulled the fuse & re- seated it - Stereo works fine.

So to the OP - I could not be more pleased with my GD purchase at the 1 year mark. - I too read many, many reviews as I made my decision on a TT manufacturer - What I can tell you is what I found - by percentage GD had far yes negatives than others! Possibly I got a Monday-Thursday camper I don't know, however we are very Happy Campers!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMarrs View Post
    DrMarrs said:
    Today 03:34 AM
    I'm suppose to be picking up my 261bh next week... lately I've been second guessing my choice since I have heard many people complaining of problems with the grand designs right out the gate in the Facebook owner group. Most of them around around waterleaks, furnace issues and the refrigerator failures.

Someone ease my mind as this is my first RV and I think I have researched this to death therfore have a jaded view now on grand designs quality.
    Water leaks could be a GD failure, however all of the RV manufactures use the same water heater, furnace, and refrigerator suppliers.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like anything the complainers are the most vocal, & often times their troubles are self made. People that have good experiences tend to remain quiet.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My previous Reflection 28BH was trouble free. It never went back to the dealer for anything. I wouldn't have any special concern about buying another GD product.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We Love our Imagine

We love our 2020 Imagine 2800bh. We’ve had it going on 2 years and traveled a little over 9000 miles and 140 nights. We had a propane detector fail (which Blue Dog gave us a replacement while on the road so no interruption), and just this trip the furnace while blowing heat in bedroom and kitchen, the bathroom was trickling out. Other than that we have no issues and are very happy. We went with GD because the reviews were opposite of most. Most have 7 of 10 reviews negative; GD has 7of10 positive. We are happy and would repeat the decision... in fact considering a fifth wheel upgrade and nervous to leave GD. A Reflection is likely in our future.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast