User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lifetime warranty

Has anyone encountered the lifetime warranty pitch?

I'm not sure weather I should drive out of state to SC from NC to get it from this dealer who claims to offer the lifetime warranty...
    Has anyone encountered this? Or can say it's.legit? They claim you just have to get the annual maintenance done to keep coverage

https://www.brownsrvsuperstore.com/p...1bh-1460159-29
    2021 Transcend Xplor 261BH (on order, April delivery)
    2021 Ram 2500 BigHorn megacab 6.7 Cummins Diesel
    2017 Indian Chieftain

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They have you locked in to their annual maintenance plan which will cost you more than an extended warranty in the long term. I would ask for details on what they say is required in their annual maintenance plan and how much it costs....likely going to find out it it is way more than you are willing to spend.
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram2500 Laramie CC 6.7 Cummins Diesel w/air-ride auto leveling
    USMC Veteran

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any warranty is only good as long as the company is in business. Checking how long they have been in business and complaints against them would be in order.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd pass. Most people trade their RVs in 3-4 years. We had a Starcraft for 8 years but that was an exception.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMarrs View Post
    Has anyone encountered the lifetime warranty pitch?

I'm not sure weather I should drive out of state to SC from NC to get it from this dealer who claims to offer the lifetime warranty...
    Has anyone encountered this? Or can say it's.legit? They claim you just have to get the annual maintenance done to keep coverage

https://www.brownsrvsuperstore.com/p...1bh-1460159-29
    Cant speak for their warranty but I can tell you I called twice asking for a quote on a 320G and never got a call back. I ended up at Sonnys in Concord with the best deal.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The warranty is valid if you have them (the selling dealer or selling dealer network) do all the maintenance on your unit. Their excuse is that they are able to track what maintenance has been accomplished. Little do they say that you in the end let them rape your wallet...and consider that you need to trust who knows what incompetent tech to work on your house on wheels that they wouldnt treat like their own (this has been my experience)
    2022 Ram 2500 Laramie - Cummins
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JetTech View Post
    The warranty is valid if you have them (the selling dealer or selling dealer network) do all the maintenance on your unit. Their excuse is that they are able to track what maintenance has been accomplished. Little do they say that you in the end let them rape your wallet...and consider that you need to trust who knows what incompetent tech to work on your house on wheels that they wouldnt treat like their own (this has been my experience)
    TRUE. I think one would probably be money ahead to do zero maintenence. and just fix issues as they show up than let a dealer put his hand in your wallet on a consistant basis.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Owning an RV comes down to how handy or rich you are. If you're a DIY type person then skip the warranty. Most problems come during the 1st year of ownership when you have a warranty. Some supply items come with a 2 year or longer warranty.
    If you struggle to paint your house or have trouble replacing a toilet, etc then buy the warranty and pay to have them maintain your RV.
    Just remember that the warranty Co will try and wiggle out of paying for repairs or only pay a portion so documented maintenance is the key.