User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Disney Fort Wilderness - Halloween Question

Hello to all. My family just came back from 8 days at Disney's Fort Wilderness, which was our first time staying at the property, and we loved it. I know it has a reputation for being a great spot for Halloween with all of the decorations at the campsites - we have done Disney in October but not Fort Wilderness and we are itching to give it a go.

I wanted to ask a quick question for those that have been there before during this time of year - the easiest thing for us to do would be to go down for our children's Fall Break from school, which is typically the second full week of October (for reference, this year it is October 11 to 15). For those that have been before, if we go during that time will many of the campers already have their site decorations up, or is that too early to get much of the Halloween effect? If you think that would be too early we will try to squeeze it in on the actual Halloween holiday, although with a two day drive that would certainly be less convenient for kids missing school, etc.

Thanks for any input, we love Halloween and usually do a nice sized graveyard in our front yard, so I know the kids will really get a kick out of Fort Wilderness.

Matt & Michelle
    Tennessee
    2021 Imagine 3250BH
    2020 Ford F250 6.7L

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Matt

Our daughter lives near Disney. She and her family have done Ft Wilderness for the last several years at Halloween. They rent a cabin and you are correct, it is wonderful at Halloween. An old fashioned community event.

Two thoughts... first it’s nearly impossible to book for Halloween We have tried the past 3 years to no avail.

Secondly, since you’re interested in decorating, she told us that this past Halloween Disney has instituted a new policy regarding what you can put up, and how big they can be. She said it appeared to her to be a PC driven situation. I think other changes were made as well.

My point being you may want to research that before setting up the kids for a disappointment.

Have fun & good luck
    Bob
    Last edited by RobertS377; 03-25-2021 at 02:30 PM.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We went the week after Halloween about 5 years ago and there were still many decorations. We've also been there towards the end of September and there wasnt much decorations at campsites. I would look at Fortfiends.net, it is a forum dedicated to Fort Wilderness.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the information. I did notice some new rules on the decorations - no hanging from trees and nothing over 6' tall, etc. When we were there over St. Patrick's Day there were a few inflatables clearly over 6 feet so it will be interesting to see how hard they push that. I am leaning towards the Fall Break, mid-October option and hope we catch enough site decorations to make it worthwhile.

Matt & Michelle
    Tennessee
    2021 Imagine 3250BH
    2020 Ford F250 6.7L

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were there late September last year and they were already putting up decorations.