Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heads up for Roof Maintenance Class in Dallas Area

Got this roof maintenance class notification in an email: https://nam12.safelinks.protection.o...amp;reserved=0

I'd attend if closer.

This class might have come in handy during our recent experience in selling our 312BHTS to Camping World. I had done quarterly inspections/maintenance on our 312 (kept in covered storage) and had semi-annual inspections done by a dealer. When Camping World inspected our 312, they tried to discount the offered pre-inspection purchase price by nearly $4500. $1200 of that was for roof maintenance, cleaning and UV sealant. I calmly informed them there were no roof issues and a professional roof inspection, cleaning and sealing had been done in late Sep. They said it should be done every 6 mo and they were required to do it before they could market the rig for sale and that my inspections didn't count. I asked for them to show me any issues and show me where the roof needed cleaning and sealing - it looked new. I got a lot of, "well, we're busy", "we are only allowed 1 hr of tech time to inspect", "we can't allow you to be on the roof of your RV when on our lot", blah, blah, blah. After about an hour of going back and forth on just the roof alone, they finally waived the "required roof maintenance" and associated fees.

There is a lot more to the CW story, but I'll save that for another thread.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a reason why GD does not allow cw to sell GD products. GD will not pay cw to do maintenance work on their trailers either for good reason.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    There's a reason why GD does not allow cw to sell GD products. GD will not pay cw to do maintenance work on their trailers either for good reason.
    Agree 100%. Two GD dealers told us to contact CW directly about a straight sale since we didn’t have the time to sell it ourselves. It’s the only way that CW can get their hands on a GD and they are willing to offer more for a GD unit than what other dealers will do on trade. CW certainly offered more, but it was a long, arduous process and almost not worth the extra $$$. Almost.

The CW sales rep we were assigned to complete the sale was a relative newbie. He said he had never seen a 2-way fridge before.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)