User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    rhoag388

6 point auto leveling stability

Waiting to take delivery of my new 388M. With the 6 point auto leveling system will I still need my 5th wheel kingpin stabilizer. With my old RV with just front jacks and rear stabilizers it wasn't enough so I bought the kingpin stabilizer to give more stability. Darn thing still moved to much when trying to sleep in the morning and everyone in the bunk house wakes up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most likely you will not need it. We have had our 369 RL for over a year and notice very little movement except when the washer is spinning! I know some folks still use one but we do not!
    Allen and Sandi-Lexington, KY
    Home of fast horses and beautiful women!
    2015 Chevrolet Duramax 4 x 4 3500 HD LTZ
    2014 Solitude 369 RL-Oct. 2014
    2016 Momentum 376 TH-April 2016

rhoag388
    I guess I could hold onto it until after our first couple of trips then sell it if not needed. I hate it when the front of the RV moves around when others in the back move. The old POS keystone rear stabilizer motor would not work when I went and got it out of storage 2 weeks ago. So i took it apart and found water was in the motor. This caused one of the brush springs to rust and break and so the brush not making contact with the commutator. I de-soldered the thing holding the spring in and went and got a new spring. Then cleaned everything up and it worked. I then put RTV on the rubber cover that goes around the motor. I didn't tell the dealer that I am trading it to about the motor because I didn't know...it was 400 bucks for a new motor ..cost me .30 for a spring and an hour of my time. Will be glad when this Keystone product is gone.
    Last edited by rhoag388; 04-02-2015 at 09:44 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Rob
    You will live the 6 point auto leveling stability system it works well just have some pads ready if you get a big drop one side and the leg has to over extend as it will say its over reached and not level out!
    I still use the 5th wheel kingpin stabilizer when parked up more than 4 days just to help take the weight off the nose, I do not think it helps with movement in the RV but it can only help spread the weight off the two front legs!
    Hope you have a good time on your first trip out.
    Tony
    Tony & Hilary Self
    2014 Momentum 385TH #290
    2015 Ford F450 with B&W Companion ,Transfer Flow 57 G Midship and 40 G Toolbox tanks
    Extra load springs

Ditkitty
    Quote Originally Posted by rhoag388 View Post
    Waiting to take delivery of my new 388M. With the 6 point auto leveling system will I still need my 5th wheel kingpin stabilizer. With my old RV with just front jacks and rear stabilizers it wasn't enough so I bought the kingpin stabilizer to give more stability. Darn thing still moved to much when trying to sleep in the morning and everyone in the bunk house wakes up.
    We still use ours. Dave says he notices the difference - I don't really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I expected more stability from the 6 point leveling. I wouldn't get rid of it yet. I had one but it wasn't the one with the screw on top. You had to tighten the chain. Didn't think that would work well with the level up system. I am thinking of getting the screw top type to stop some of the wiggle.
    Chris and Debbie
    St. Charles County, MO
    2007 Dodge Ram Cummins DRW
    2015 369RL Solitude

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use ours because we thought it would help with vibration when doing laundry. Now really, we don't think it actually does help. When on trips with short, overnight stays I won't put the tripod up. We notice the vibration with a laundry load. When we set up for several days and the stabilizer is in place, it seems there is the same vibration. Just my 2 cents.
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just brought our 368RD home and have it leveled in the driveway which has the front legs almost all the way out. I've noticed some shaking in the front when walking in the bedroom area and I attribute that to the fact the front legs are almost all the way out not giving as much stability. I will use the tripod when camped just as a little more stability, especially if I have the legs extended quite aways.
    Patrick & Marla with Boomer and Sooner

2007 Chev 2500 Allison Duramax
    2014 Solitude 368RD

rhoag388
    Great info looks like I will probably need it. How about the memory? When you disconnect a person should be able to hit one button and it goes back to the height when you disconnected? I was thinking no way will this work...might get you close but the legs will settle even if on some 2x6's. Do you normally have to nudge it up just a bit to hook up after a few day stay?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhoag388 View Post
    How about the memory? When you disconnect a person should be able to hit one button and it goes back to the height when you disconnected? I was thinking no way will this work...might get you close but the legs will settle even if on some 2x6's. Do you normally have to nudge it up just a bit to hook up after a few day stay?
    I have used this feature everytime I go to hook back up after camping. It works wonderfully. You can do a YouTube video search for the Lippert 6 point leveling and it will show you exactly how it works. I love the 6 point auto level in my unit that when we get another unit...will be getting this again. No more manual leveling for me.
    Stephen & Nikki

2013 Ford F-250 SRW w/Firestone Ride Rite Airbags, B&W Companion Hitch,
    Titan XXL 50 Gallon Mid-Ship Fuel Tank and Viair Onboard Air.
    2015 Grand Design Momentum 350M
    2009 Club Car Golf Cart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast