User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ford Scheduled Service - Just venting

Hi we are here in beautiful Coeur d'Alene for 5 nights. Planned to get our truck serviced at the Ford Dealer about 4 blocks away from the campground. Well my plan was derailed when I didn't look ahead and make plans with the local dealer or the 2 dealers in Spokane. Apparently we need to look ahead when scheduling routine maintenance as they are scheduled out at least a week for this simple dealer service.

When we bought the truck a year ago, we did go ahead and prepay for all scheduled maintenance. Seemed like a great option and actually was working fine on both coasts until we got to ID.

Now I have now choice but to go to an independent as I have no resources with me or desire to do the service myself, especially since I already prepaid for Ford service. Now I'm learning about the quality of the oil that Ford recommends/requires, as I don't want to lose my warranty.

Anyway thanks for listening, and CDA is really a beautiful area. Hope to get out on the water the next few days.

Neal
    2020 Imagine 2500RL
    ProPride P3
    2021 F250 6.7L PSD

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A week for vehicle service isnt terrible. When I lived in the Idaho Falls area it was closer to a month out for service. Either way, just because you are trying to schedule a simple service doesnt mean other people arent as well, there are only so many techs and time slots. Just need to plan ahead in the future. You can usually schedule service a few months out.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am realizing I need to get out of I want it now mode. We will be near Calgary next week and found a dealer up there that can fit us in the schedule.

I need to start doing more planning ahead...

Thanks FT4NOW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been planning for a head for years.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Will Not Be Dictated To
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Noble View Post
    I've been planning for a head for years.
    Our last 4 RV`s came with heads. I am surprised GD forgot to put one in your Solitude!:
    I left the Forum due to dictatorial administration

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought only Navy folks called then "heads".
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Noble View Post
    I thought only Navy folks called then "heads".
    In Germany, a head can be anything from a tree to a car door when traveling down the Autobahn! Talk about convenient..... 😯

As for oil, I've always used Mobile1 OEM weighted oil with FOMOCO filters on my gassers. That way, I'm using atleast some of their products.

However, on my GT500, I do use Fords OEM recommended oil, but only because its an aluminum engine with "Plasma transferred wire arc" lined cylinders.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)