User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which vehicle for 382WB-R

We are getting a 382WB-R and looking for the RIGHT tow vehicle, and we are set on Ford. We aren't sure if we need the 250, 350, or 450. I'm sure this has been discussed here before but rather than search through 1600+ messages, I figured I'd just ask again. Thanks in advance!
    Allen and Cyndi
    Imagine XLS 17MKE (2021)
    Pulled with a 2019 Toyota Tundra 1794 4X4
    In Amarillo, Texas

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Peterbilt 359 long nose, or a kenworth but has to be a diesel big rig according to the weight police lol
    2019 F150 4x4 screw sb with max towing
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    2 many former rigs to list.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On a more serious note though. Figure out the loaded weight of the unit and then shop for the truck that meets or exceeds the carry capacity and towing capacity. Lots of factors going into the decision like how often and how far you plan on towing it. Just looked up specs and you are probably going to want at a minimum a one ton dually like an F350 or even an F450 but brand is up to your preference of course. That's a heavy long rig so maybe a Peterbilt might be a wise choice lol
    Last edited by BobnColo; 03-24-2021 at 04:33 PM.
    2019 F150 4x4 screw sb with max towing
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    2 many former rigs to list.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobnColo View Post
    Just looked up specs and you are probably going to want at a minimum a one ton dually like an F350 or even an F450 but brand is up to your preference of course. That's a heavy long rig so maybe a Peterbilt might be a wise choice lol
    Thanks for the help! I figured a 350, but after considering weight, might as well go with the 450 considering they are about the same price around here. Bigger truck, same money....Good!!!
    Allen and Cyndi
    Imagine XLS 17MKE (2021)
    Pulled with a 2019 Toyota Tundra 1794 4X4
    In Amarillo, Texas