User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kitchen slide adjustment

We have a '19 303rls and the slide has put a small tear in the floor on the front side, and the area around the tear is starting to come loose from the sub floor.
    I called Grand design & they asked if I had the slide adjusted, and that was what needed to be done.
    I had a mobile RV tech take a look at it and he said the fault was the flooring wasn't glued down properly in that area, not the slide adjustment. I asked him; wouldn't the slide cause the flooring to come loose if it was out of adjustment. He didn't think it would, but I do.
    So I know this has been an issue with this model 5th wheel, and some have been able to get Grand design to take care of it. The trailer is 2 yrs old & out of warranty.
    Lippert has instructions for adjusting the tilt angle of the slide & I'm thinking about doing this myself.
    So, I'm asking to see if anyone here has done this adjustment or had it done, and did it cure the problem.
    People keep telling me to follow my dreams...so I went back to bed

2019 303rls
    2017 GMC 2500hd ccsb 2wd 6.0 gas
    Andersen ultimate rail mount hitch

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flooring isn't glued down. Find another tech.

Flooring is stapled around the edges to allow it to expand and contract with temperature change.

The slide needs adjustment and/or the roller under the slide got broken or is gone all together. You should be able to see the rollers from the inside.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Flooring isn't glued down. Find another tech.

Flooring is stapled around the edges to allow it to expand and contract with temperature change.

The slide needs adjustment and/or the roller under the slide got broken or is gone all together. You should be able to see the rollers from the inside.
    Thank you Steve... Ill look at the rollers & go from there.
    People keep telling me to follow my dreams...so I went back to bed

2019 303rls
    2017 GMC 2500hd ccsb 2wd 6.0 gas
    Andersen ultimate rail mount hitch

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @avf100 I noticed the slide scratching my floor in one section recently as well. I have not done the adjustment yet due to our lovely winter weather here in the great white north (Canada). I believe that you have the through frame slide and the adjustment/rollers will depend on if it is the kitchen slide or the dining room slide. The rollers on the kitchen slide are way in the back by the wall and you would need to lower the outside of the slide to tilt the inside up and away from the floor. I am not sure about the dining slide and roller mounts on that one as I have not had issues with that one.

Please let us know how the adjustment goes. I will be doing mine in the spring.

Rob

Edit. sorry just realized that this is the kitchen slide so my info should be correct.
    Last edited by Calbar; 01-22-2021 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Realized it is the kitchen slide
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2018 303rls tore the linoleum at the fridge twice. First time it took 6 weeks and more to get repaired under warranty. Dealer ordered whole roll and then just patched spot. Very next use in hot weather same thing happened and not in warranty. After 6 months of linoleum no longer made I was able to find a roll. During first dealer repair they added some nylon blocks and were supposed to add more rollers. I do not see more rollers and the nylon blocks actually made things worse. I finally patched floor 3/24/2021 my self and now have to put a sheet of plexiglass under fridge slide each time we close it or it will happen all over again.
    An additional idea is to screw two anodized aluminum plates across floor to act as thing guides. Possibly ABS or Delron would work also as long as wife will live with look. I do not see anything improving as large fridge, pantry etc. is too much weight bouncing around on floor. Basically a poor design.
    Bill