User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Deberpeber

Will our RV ever be fixed??

We purchased a Solitude on the 28th of February. So far, it has been in the shop longer than we have had it. "Borrowed" it back thinking it was fixed and the dishwasher had no water to it, the "basement" flooded and the refrigerator shut down and threw out a code that - when we looked it up- said the dealer had to fix it. We had to pack it up and come home. Very disappointed so far. Wondering if Grand Design would like to have it back??

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum. Take a couple deep breaths. Ok, I'm sure GD and your selling dealer will take care of your issues as fast as they can. All new RV's boats, cars, etc (anything manmade) occasionally have problems with build or third party items used in the build. What model do your have??
    Julie and Kevin - Waterloo, IA
    2015 F-350 6.7L Lariat 4x4 SC, Edge Evolution CTS, B&W Companion.
    2015 337RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum Deberpeber! Have you given Grand Design Customer Service a call to let them know what's going on with your coach?

Steve

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Deberpeber - I've encountered my share of problems with our unit, and GD has stood behind it 100%. On our last two outings, it has functioned flawlessly. I sent you a PM with some contact information to put you in touch with GD management. Please give them a chance to make it right.

Jim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deberpeber.....I'm feeling a bit like you are at the moment. My Solitude leaks water almost everywhere....basement, living room. Combine that with the deepest regret that I have for purchasing the unit at my "local" dealership, and I'm frustrated to the point that I'd like to return it for a refund and purchase a Heartland RV. My dealership won't even return a phone call to schedule an appointment!
    Greg & Sherry
    Stormy - Beagle/Springer Spaniel
    2015 Solitude 369 RL #2950
    2013 GMC 2500 HD Diesel

Official home, NW Missouri. In Solitude mostly now
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gws154 View Post
    Deberpeber.....I'm feeling a bit like you are at the moment. My Solitude leaks water almost everywhere....basement, living room. Combine that with the deepest regret that I have for purchasing the unit at my "local" dealership, and I'm frustrated to the point that I'd like to return it for a refund and purchase a Heartland RV. My dealership won't even return a phone call to schedule an appointment!

Wanna trade? I currently have a ___ Heartland that has a list of about 20 warranty issues that due to negligence on the dealer and Heartland they are not fixed, 4 months after I took it in. I will never buy another Heartland Product. Im sure thier quality is poor like everyones. Their customer service is terrible...

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It almost makes a buyer want to closely checkout any dealer they buy their RV's from. So often do the dealers tell the customers what they want to hear--only to be deaf when there are problems. And it's even worse when dealer don't return phone calls and duck their customers.

And I'm sorry about someone wanting a dealer to perform a 1 hr. a/c warranty replacement only to be given an appointment 10 weeks from now. They can spare 1 hour in service for a cash paying customer. And dealers should jump on belly pan leaks, as it's not like they're not getting paid for the job by GD.