Welcome from Georgia
    2021 351MR
    2017 Jayco 377rlbh (sold)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum from another Marylander. We are from Western Maryland Allegany County.
    2013 Ford Eco Boost CC ( previous)
    2016 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
    2019 Reflection 297 RSTS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrantKehrer View Post
    Good afternoon GD community,
    The wife and I finally did it! We bought our first RV and could not be more excited to get out there and Xplor as Weekend Warriors.....to start.
    So we did just that. Meet our new and first rig a 2021 Grand Design Transcend Xplor 231RK!!!!! Towed-Possible-By our 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500, 3.0L I-6 Duramax Diesel w/ 10-Speed Allison Transmission. We love them both, the combo is amazing! Taking our first trip to a West Virginia Harvest Host the first weekend in April. Doing my first deWinterization today, wish me luck! It’s just us and our two dogs a blast will be had by all. Great to meet everyone and hope to see you on the road!

Attachment 32962
    Attachment 32963
    Attachment 32964

-Grant and Kristi
    Nice rig...congrats from the Bayou State! How does the small diesel pull the camper? Wife's sister lives in Frederick so we've been going up there for the last 30 yrs. Welcome to the site.
    2018 Grand Design Solitude 377MBS

2017 Ford F-350 Lariat DRW...FX4...4.10's...White Gold/Caribou with Black interior. Curt Q20 hitch. BakFlip MX4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Couple View Post
    Nice rig...congrats from the Bayou State! How does the small diesel pull the camper? Wife's sister lives in Frederick so we've been going up there for the last 30 yrs. Welcome to the site.
    To be honest, the truck surprised me at how easily it tows it. Even getting up to speed not really any issues. The few short trips I took it to and from the dealer to check a few things, I got around 18.9-20 MPG. I normally get 27-35 MPG HWY when not pulling a trailer. But yes, so far so good, we take our first trip next week to WV so I’ll ping back with an update with how it does in the mountains.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12