2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all for the info.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Furion is good but not at $500. Went with the DoHonest . You can ask for Furion plate to be sent with it for free. Comes with an extra camera or cigarette plug splitter. Also amplifier if you need it. Can set grid lines for backing up. We use it more for driving so we can see who is behind us. Only trust my wife backing up. Set to work off the rear taillight use just like Furion or Halo. Halo also good.

I use it with windshield suction mount right under the mirror so instead of looking up and see the big Imagine wall I see what’s behind me.
    1080 picture clarity striking

https://www.amazon.com/Emmako-Wirele...DG6Z9BYN32Z6YM
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got it, thanks.

"Only trust my wife backing up".

Me too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RV Sailor View Post
    Furion is good but not at $500. Went with the DoHonest...
    Thanks for the recommendation. Someone noted how easy the install & set up for the Furrion was.

How was it for AMTIFO A7 HD Wireless Camera?

Dave
    2022 Imagine 2670MK - ProPride - TV Ram 1500
    2018 Isata-3 24FW - Toad 2019 Wrangler 2.0 Turbo
    2015 Tiffin Allegro 36LA - Toad 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
    2011 Spree 323RLS, 2007 Zeppelin 281- TV Armada

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I highly recommend the Furrion S7 Rear Observation model. Not the backup, but the rear observation, which does both for one price. Seems that all Furrion models are are reported as very plug and play on GD models. Just remember to keep your headlights on while driving as most if not all are installed to get power from your TV headlights. Travel Safely.
    Last edited by Schiefswret; 04-08-2021 at 06:41 AM.
    Dave and Sue Dion
    SCPO(SW), USN, (Ret)
    2020 GD Imagine 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT FX4 5.0L,1823 payload

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3rd View Post
    Got it, thanks. "Only trust my wife backing up". Me too.
    I don't have any experience with other often-less-expensive options, but the Furrion with rear and side cameras and 7" display has been a good purchase for us.

It came with a small "repeater" to be mounted near the front of the trailer to improve communications between the camera at the back and the monitor in the truck. I did a fancy installation of it in our 310GK, mounting it high up in the front battery compartment with a new circuit, and a lighted switch near the control panel for the leveling system so that I'd always remember to turn it on before travel and turn it off after travel. It was a work of art.

Then, despite my "grand design" I forgot to turn it on a few times yet the system worked just fine. So, YMMV, but consider trying it without the repeater before you do the work of installing it.

Good luck with your choices.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by caswelld View Post
    Thanks for the recommendation. Someone noted how easy the install & set up for the Furrion was.

How was it for AMTIFO A7 HD Wireless Camera?

Dave
    We also go the DoHonest. Great clear picture
    They give you the Furion adapter for free if you need it. DYI install takes 1/2 hr.

We didn’t need repeater but I put one in the pass through where the batteries are. The also have a deal . You get either another camera or a 3 way 12 V splitter ( came in handy as we have i cigar outlet and our TST 507 tire minder runs on 12 volt also

I use it mainly to see who is behind me when drivingbut it does come with grids for backing up , however I trust my wife’s directions more than the camera

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a follow up question to this old post; does anyone else make a camera that fits the Furrion mount without having to spring for the Furrion brand?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It also looks like you could mount the universal bracket from other brands to the Furrion block-off plate so you don't have to drill into the fiberglass. Anyone try that?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've done a considerable amount of research and haven't found a different brand that fits the Furrion mount, but that does not suprise me. I upgraded to the furrion Vision 7 single model and it's 10000% better than the old 4.3" screen model.
    Dave and Sue Dion
    SCPO(SW), USN, (Ret)
    2020 GD Imagine 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT FX4 5.0L,1823 payload

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast