User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

King WIFI Max Question

I realize the King WiFi Max has limited applications, but given that all I am looking for is a way to boost or capture a better Wifi signal at the campgrounds where we stay, what are any of your experiences to it's effectiveness. My first option is to find a reasonably effective solution for grabbing my fair share of Wifi with a minimum of drilling, alteration or permanent mounting.
    I've read the reviews at the King and Amazon sites and they are the same reviews, word for word, and we all have probably experienced dubious reviews for online products.

Secondly, if you have other solutions which seem to work better, I am all ears.

For the record, we have a 2021 Imagine 2500rl equipped with the Winegard Air 360. Is my understanding correct in that the Air 360+ is the only model that accepts the Gateway 4G LTE router add on?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Len

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm...not a lot of help for this question.
    Thanks anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the King WIFI Max with the Falcon roof antenna. The router is OK but the roof antenna broke twice and I am on my third one. In fact i didn't bother to install the third replacement and stopped using the WIFI Max router because without a roof mounted antenna it is useless.
    Last edited by mntbikejack; 09-16-2020 at 04:31 PM.
    2019 Ford F-350 Limited
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 384GK

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Biker View Post
    I realize the King WiFi Max has limited applications, but given that all I am looking for is a way to boost or capture a better Wifi signal at the campgrounds where we stay, what are any of your experiences to it's effectiveness. My first option is to find a reasonably effective solution for grabbing my fair share of Wifi with a minimum of drilling, alteration or permanent mounting.
    I've read the reviews at the King and Amazon sites and they are the same reviews, word for word, and we all have probably experienced dubious reviews for online products. Secondly, if you have other solutions which seem to work better, I am all ears.
    Len
    Len, welcome.

I don't know anything about the King WiFi Max. However I have a couple of years of experience connecting to campground wi-fi at dozens of campgrounds around the southeastern U.S. and central Canada. My advice is frankly, fuggedaboudit.

After working through several ways to improve wi-fi connectivity I got the best results from a Ubiquiti Nanostation M2, a powered commercial-grade antenna that has quite-amazing capabilities (another user here has connected to wi-fi that was IIRC more than six MILES away using the Nanostation!) Not expensive either - well under $100 three years ago - and it with pretty much any wi-fi router like the one you have at home would get you a connection. But...

Our experience at dozens of campgrounds over two seasons was that we might have the best connection in the park but a great connection to crappy wi-fi still gave us crappy wi-fi. Also, if you want to ignore my advice and go down the wi-fi path the Nanostation M2 isn't made anymore. Another product from Ubiquiti might be as good (for connecting to bad wi-fi) as the M2; here's a link:

https://www.ui.com/search/?q=nanostation

In our travels we could at best get mostly-decent service for lightweight email use and very patient internet browsing, but sometimes not even that. Service might be adequate at certain times of day only, often unusable in mornings and evenings. Forget about large files or streaming - no chance.

Like so many others we eventually moved to cellular-based internet connection. For about $200 we bought a little portable MiFi device from Verizon that connected to their cell towers and created a mini-network in the trailer for all our devices to connect to it. We paid ~$60 per month for truly-unlimited and usually-very-fast Verizon service. Really pleased. Then a year later Verizon choked the plan back to 15Gb, made it slower, raised the price, and their store rep lied about what he was selling me so we went to AT&T. Bought another $200 device and a not-much-better plan for a bit less money.

It worked well, far better than any park wi-fi in our experience. Still the way to get internet service, IMO.

Forget about park wi-fi unless you KNOW you'll have unusually-good service where you're staying. All campgrounds lie about their service. We stayed at a KOA in Ontario Canada just last week, four sites away from the park's wi-fi antenna where the park said we'd have great service, and just for fun put up the Nanostation to save on cell data. KOA's wi-fi service was slow and unreliable, just as it is in most campgrounds.

Good luck with your choices.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Enigmatic Biker;319275]I realize the King WiFi Max has limited applications, but given that all I am looking for is a way to boost or capture a better Wifi signal at the campgrounds where we stay, what are any of your experiences to it's effectiveness. My first option is to find a reasonably effective solution for grabbing my fair share of Wifi with a minimum of drilling, alteration or permanent mounting.
    I've read the reviews at the King and Amazon sites and they are the same reviews, word for word, and we all have probably experienced dubious reviews for online products.

I’ve been using the King WiFi Max for more than two years now. I’m pleased with its ability to pickup weak WiFi signals and boost them to a usable level. It’s easy to link the WiFi Max to the desired WiFi signal. I do not use an external antenna and so far haven’t found a need for one. I mounted the WiFi Max on top of the hutch in our Reflection 337RLS. I did add a 120v outlet above the hutch to power the WiFiMax, which wasn’t very hard to do.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9D621277-2D02-4263-84D1-ED1A7ADDFEBB.jpeg 
Views:	4 
Size:	69.4 KB 
ID:	29551
    Paul and Sue
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, GooseBox hitch
    2019 Ram 3500 Cummins CC SB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

King Falcon WIFI Antennae

Just purchased and Im waiting for the King Falcon antennae bundle. Will keep you posted.
    Last edited by Mike200002; 04-07-2021 at 04:12 PM.