User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Non-Residential Refrigerators and Dual-Pane Windows Unavailable

We just ordered a Momentum 353G Tuesday, knowing generators were not able to be ordered, which we decided was fine, we'll just get one installed later down the road. But I just got a call from my dealer this morning informing me that Grand Design stated you cannot get non-residential refrigerators nor dual-pane windows. He also stated the 353G floor plan is being discontinued because Grand Design can't keep up with demand (this part doesn't make sense to me, why discontinue a highly sought floorplan?). Just wanted to check in here to see if any insiders here had additional information on the shortages/unavailability of these items and any expected resolution dates?

The non-residential fridge is a deal-breaker for us, so I'm extra concerned about the discontinuation of the floor plan as it is perfect for our needs/wants. I don't want the unit if I can only get a residential fridge, but don't want to miss out on this floorplan (like we did the 354M).

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps @Hunter70 can/will chime in here...

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve8S View Post
    We just ordered a Momentum 353G Tuesday, knowing generators were not able to be ordered, which we decided was fine, we'll just get one installed later down the road. But I just got a call from my dealer this morning informing me that Grand Design stated you cannot get non-residential refrigerators nor dual-pane windows. He also stated the 353G floor plan is being discontinued because Grand Design can't keep up with demand (this part doesn't make sense to me, why discontinue a highly sought floorplan?). Just wanted to check in here to see if any insiders here had additional information on the shortages/unavailability of these items and any expected resolution dates?

The non-residential fridge is a deal-breaker for us, so I'm extra concerned about the discontinuation of the floor plan as it is perfect for our needs/wants. I don't want the unit if I can only get a residential fridge, but don't want to miss out on this floorplan (like we did the 354M).
    We have a Solitude 378 MBS-R on order. With dual pane windows. Checking with our dealer and regional GD rep to see if they have any info regarding this. Just last week, we got a new Dometic RM1350 (12 cu ft, 4 door) fridge under warranty replacement. We don't need it since we sold our rig the day the fridge arrived. (Of course it did). Don't know if the RM1350 would work for you, but happy to discuss.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Momentum 353G has been discontinued for about a month already.

As far as a highly sought after model....I've sold one since they came out. They are discontinuing the slower models to keep up with demand on the better models.

I have not heard anything about non-residential fridges or dual pane windows.

In fact, they just sent out a notice that generators may be available again soon for retail sold units.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    The Momentum 353G has been discontinued for about a month already.

As far as a highly sought after model....I've sold one since they came out. They are discontinuing the slower models to keep up with demand on the better models.

I have not heard anything about non-residential fridges or dual pane windows.

In fact, they just sent out a notice that generators may be available again soon for retail sold units.
    Thanks for the information. I wonder if the floorplan does better regionally here because in my searches for one locally I've been hard pressed to find one in inventory that isn't already spoken for. Guess I have some decisions to make today!

I'm going to be doing some perusing of this forum for information, but anyone who reads this, feel free to enlighten me on how long a residential fridge will run on standard batteries, and once I get a generator, what my experience would be like (run time to recharge batteries/etc). I never looked into it because I just preferred the RV fridge. We don't typically boondock now, but i don't want to buy a new RV that limits the way I can use it as I like the idea of boondocking/Harvest Host etc. We do typically stop overnight without power while traveling, and sometimes have long (12 hour or so) drive days, so we could be 24 hours or more without being plugged into anything but the truck.

Should I try to get the factory installed solar? Does that charge the batteries enough to make up for the refrigerator?
    Last edited by Steve8S; 03-26-2021 at 11:00 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Out of curiosity I went to look at the floorplan of the 353G and found one at LazyDays in Knoxville, TN. It has a non-residential fridge but doesn't look like dual pane windows.

https://www.lazydays.com/rvs/knoxvil...AaAoFMEALw_wcB
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very interesting! Say we just ordered a unit about a week ago, If they are offered again would it be able to added? If so how long after an order is put in can it be adjusted?
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKellerJr View Post
    Very interesting! Say we just ordered a unit about a week ago, If they are offered again would it be able to added? If so how long after an order is put in can it be adjusted?
    Should be able to be added. Gas generators are good to go, LP are limited.

You can change the build up until the unit has an online date and VIN.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should be able to be added. Gas generators are good to go, LP are limited.

You can change the build up until the unit has an online date and VIN.
    Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, are you saying the gas generators are now available? Isn't that what at least the Momentums use? So should I be able to add that to my order now?

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, are you saying the gas generators are now available? Isn't that what at least the Momentums use? So should I be able to add that to my order now?
    Yep.

"We have gotten a short-term commitment from Cummins ONAN in regards to generators. We will have enough gasoline generators to put them in retail ordered Momentums for the time being (for those already scheduled and ones moving forward). "

If you ordered a 353G, you won't get it though.....they aren't making them. Period.
    [email protected]
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast