User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lubrication disk

Hello All. I saw a post similar to this but I don't think it dealt with a locked out Turning Point. We pick up our 260RD on Monday and I'm wondering if I should get a Lubrication disk for the hitch. If they are a good idea, is there a specific size / vendor to use? I have an 8' bed so I'll be locking out the Turning Point swivel. Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by jdux999; 03-26-2021 at 04:43 PM.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings.
    Believe it or not, I. just picked up my new 260RD today. While at the dealer, I purchased a new white nylon lube plate, the smaller sized one for about $10. Have always used them, no messy dirty grease needed. They are a need to have item.
    One day, and the wife is nesting to beat 60. Summer will be a hoot this year.
    2021 GD 260RD
    2012 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7L

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Caution
    Be sure your hitch can use the plate. Some cant or have thickness restrictions. With my Reese Titan R20 I cant. The head has the lubed disk built in. Some hitches have thickness restriction on the plates you can use so be sure to read your hitch manual

If you going to use one be sure you check that the hitch jaws properly close on the king pin shank. There have been posts of folks trying one only to have the 5th wheel drop on the bed rails as it did not lock up correctly.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Installed Reese M5 and picked up 337RLS and used lube plate for Reese. The guy couldn’t get it to hitch. Took plate off finally and hooked right up. Got home I looked it over and the plate wouldn’t go all the way up by pushing it up. Used small hammer to lightly tap it up and tried rehitching and no issue at all. Now it’s a bit looser fit. There are tabs around the hole in it that are very tight. One thing to look at if you have issues with one not working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just picked up our 260RD with a Pullrite 1900 hitch (Turning Point locked out) housed in our Ram 2500, 8' bed. . No problem hitching with that combination.