Quote Originally Posted by Rob+Kath View Post
Thanks, this is good to know. I have a spray-in bedliner and would prefer to keep the generator in the truck if possible (just concerned about the noise issue). There are several ways to strap it down securely (from theft) to the bed. Did you use any padding or isolation?
My thought was to strap it in the front corner of the bed using available tie-downs. Then I can use a shorter steel cable & lock system. If needed, I can always lock it to the 5th wheel hitch, that thing isn't going anywhere. Sounds like I'll need to do some field testing once I get the generator. At least you give me some confidence that the idea works.

Heavysledz also posted a drawer system that could be an option too. This would essentially dedicate the gen to the RV, which is OK. I don't have other plans for it at this point. Space management is becoming an issue, so I may have another use for that drawer,.... Now I need to spend more money.

Weight is an issue. I also like redundancy and the option to run a smaller and more efficient if possible. I am going to start with one unit and see. If we get to a point where we like locations that need generators, I can upgrade to a bigger one or add another 2500.

I appreciate all of the input, but don't want to hijack the OP.

Rob
You can parallel any of the Champion inverters. So you could get a 2500 for small draws and parallel a 3400 for AC use, if that works for you.