Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SOLAR/INV Lines - How to hook up to Solar Controller

Hello, our new 2021 22RBE has 2 sets of wire coiled up in the pass through storage in a small holder labeled "SOLAR/INV Lines". Each set has a black and a red wire. I want to hook up a Renogy Wanderer Solar Controller so I can use a small 100 Watt solar panel to keep the 2 Group 24 batteries the dealer put on topped off.
    I am assuming that I could connect one the 2 sets of wires to the Solar Controller to charge the batteries. If this is correct, how can I tell which set I should use? Guessing one set is from the solar port on the top of the trailer, the other goes to the batteries or the converter. The roof solar port seems to be sealed pretty tight and I don't want to unseal it unless absolutely necessary.
    Any thoughts on this? I have attached pics of the wires and the Solar Controller.
    My fallback position is to put alligator clips on the pair of green wires going from the controller to the battery and attach and remove that way, but I am looking for a more permanent solution.
    Thanks
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mystery Wires.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	35800
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Solar Controller.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	90.5 KB 
ID:	35799
    Last edited by alias100; 08-01-2021 at 11:57 AM.
    2021 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    2021 Ram 2500 Hemi, Crew Cab Short Bed
    2-206 AH SOK Batteries, Victron MultiPlus 3000VA Inverter, 800 watts solar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, think I have it figured out.
    On the Grand Design Tech Forum I found confirmation that one pair of wires went to the roof Jaboni, the other to the battery. Made it simple, just checked the DC voltage on both. One was 13.1, the other 0.
    Would have been nice if they had taken the 2 minutes to label them.
    2021 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    2021 Ram 2500 Hemi, Crew Cab Short Bed
    2-206 AH SOK Batteries, Victron MultiPlus 3000VA Inverter, 800 watts solar