User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife loves doing the tank emptying, pushing the leveling buttons, dunno station, slides in and out, turning on propane, hooking up and unhooking utilities. What she won't do? Drive the truck towing. Any distance. I can't say please, just two feet forward while I hold this, her answer, "I'll hold that, you drive".

Reason: if anything bad happens, I can't blame her.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    2021 GD 344GK-R
    PullRite Super 5th 24K
    2006 & 2018 Ram 2500, 5.9 Cummins Diesel
    Wife: Canadian

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To think about it, or not have to worry about it. Just takes one split second to wish you had the autoslider. I had a Demco Autoslide in the 17 F350CCSB. It was a great hitch - quiet and just did what I needed it to do when it was supposed to do it. They are heavier for sure - I could get it out by myself and a HF cherry picker in about 10min if needed though. If you do go non-auto... then highly recommend the B&W. I have the B&W 25K# fixed hitch in my F450 and love it.
    2022 Momentum 351M-R
    2019 Ford F450 Platinum CC 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; Truck Covers USA American Work Tonneau; B&W 25K hitch; Airlift 5000 Ultimate+ w/WirelessAir; ZRoadZ back-up lamps
    Gone: 2018 Reflection 28BH; 2017 Ford F350 Platinum CCSB 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; 2015 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB Dmax
    Gone but still in the family: 2004.5 Chev 2500HD CCSB LTZ Dmax

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went autoslider for all the above reasons.

A trick for brief removal is to use the trailer. Stay hitched but release the mounting, run front legs out and up it goes. I do this when I want the full bed for hauling. Since repositioning can't be precise, you do have to wrestle the hitch a few inches. (I built a garage ceiling hoist for winter.)

Me wife declared she won't back any trailer. We've had several smaller trailers and she hated backing, so no more!
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Geoff...... I'm on my second PullRite SuperGlide (had a 16K got a new-bigger rig, bought the 18K) and the piece of mind of not worrying about remembering to slide the hitch back is well worth the price.
    Only down side is the weight of the hitch....about 240#. I purchased a cheap engine hoist at Harbor Freight put a longer lift arm on it and use it to lift the hitch assembly out and set it on a rolling stand that I made. I can pull it out of the truck by myself in about 5-10 minutes.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hitchlift.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	33335
    Lee

2020 Solitude 310GK
    2018 Ford F-350 CC FX4 SRW SB 6.7L PSD

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Y'all convinced me. SuperGlide it is.

2021 GD 344GK-R
    PullRite Super 5th 24K
    2006 & 2018 Ram 2500, 5.9 Cummins Diesel
    Wife: Canadian

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugoutnut View Post
    Y'all convinced me. SuperGlide it is.

Excellent choice. Went thru all the arguments myself and decided I didn't need to be worried about it.
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2006 Chev 2500HD Duramax CC/SB/4X4
    Superglide2700 Bakflip F1

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Dugoutnut;358426]I am a cheap, penny pinching miser (just ask my kids). I have spent hours talking myself out of the auto-slide due to cost and weight.

I am the epitome of penny pinching also just out of habit & being a former business owner! Your question mirrored mine when we got our (new to us) 2017 Reflection. The original owner showed me how he used his manual slider, reaching over the side of the bed rail, unlock, pull lever, etc. & the very first thing to enter my mind was, I'm 5'6ish (Ha Ha, and shrinking) PLUS, living & camping a lot in the state of "Wait 10 minutes the weather will change" Michigan. I don't cherish the thought of getting out of the truck, grabbing a foot stool to be able to reach over the side of the truck, getting rain,snow, hailed on etc. Once you have made that decision, in which I see you have, it's done. You spent the money, & now you can sit back and enjoy the trip! We have a Demco Auto that (I know) I can pull it out of our F250 with my front end loader, but we also have another truck if we need to haul something. So it stays there covered with a roll-up tonneau. Happy camping!
    Gary & Sheryl 45 yrs tent campers
    2016 Jaco TT (sold) was luxury compared to tent!
    2017 Reflection 29RS (2020 purchase) "like new" <2k miles
    2020 F250 SRW CC 7.3 & love it! Demco Autoslide

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We went for the auto-slide (Pullrite Superglide), and never looked back. The biggest Con is it eats up a lot of your truck bed. You'll be finding creative ways to store stuff in the bed. The biggest Pro is that it's set it and forget it. All worries gone. Need to make that turn? Just make it.
    Chuck & Madelyn
    2021 M399th
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie 4x4 MC DRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoTech View Post
    [ So it stays there covered with a roll-up tonneau. Happy camping!
    Not to hijack the thread, but I'm in the market for an inexpensive tonneau. Would you mind sharing which one you went with, and how you like it?

TIA!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have the pullrite too, it's been a real frustration saver. Getting off the interstate for fuel and getting surprised by tight spots and traffic congestion and then needing to make tight turns forward or even having to back up, you will appreciate not having to worry about also unlocking a hitch to slide. I take mine out by myself, just remove the head firs to lighten a little, then loosen it from the factory puck system via the simple handles, use two two planks to slide it rearward in and off the bed to a heavy duty rolling table I made, with also makes a great place to service/clean/store. Good luck with your decision I am really happy with mine.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast