User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanted to throw in another option. I have a short bed, and actually bought an AUH. My driveway is about 5*-7* uphill from the street, with the street being narrow. The 320G I have on order, the mid part of the front protrudes, and looks like at an angle reduces the clearance a fair amount, I am now looking at getting the Reese Sidewinder. Looks like a solution without adding any weight. I will get a Pulright single point hitch to keep my bed clean, and only add 70 pounds. Sliders look great, but I want to stay away from the 300 lbs.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck.N View Post
    Not to hijack the thread, but I'm in the market for an inexpensive tonneau. Would you mind sharing which one you went with, and how you like it? TIA!
    The tonneau was a Ford accessory from the dealership. I just wanted it to cover the hitch that we leave in 24/7. It was one of those things that, after the handshake with the salesman, "Oh, by the way there are a couple of things you can add on to the deal". The cover was one of them. I expected a really cheap one from a local auto parts store but am pretty happy with the quality of it.
    Gary & Sheryl 45 yrs tent campers
    2016 Jaco TT (sold) was luxury compared to tent!
    2017 Reflection 29RS (2020 purchase) "like new" <2k miles
    2020 F250 SRW CC 7.3 & love it! Demco Autoslide

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually have the B&W Companion slider hitch for the puck system. So far so good. Rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patrol7 View Post
    I agree with Geoff...... I'm on my second PullRite SuperGlide (had a 16K got a new-bigger rig, bought the 18K) and the piece of mind of not worrying about remembering to slide the hitch back is well worth the price.
    Only down side is the weight of the hitch....about 240#. I purchased a cheap engine hoist at Harbor Freight put a longer lift arm on it and use it to lift the hitch assembly out and set it on a rolling stand that I made. I can pull it out of the truck by myself in about 5-10 minutes.Attachment 33335
    Great idea - the stand!! I'm able to use a hoist in my garage and lower it onto a dolly with some wheel I put on it. But I never thought of a rack. If I ever have to resort to an engine hoist I'm stealing your idea.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back when we full-timed, I had an 8' bed so had none of these issues. I've now got a 5.5' bed and started out using a fixed Curt A16 hitch with the trailer's Turning Point hitch. I decided that I didn't like the Turning Point, so added Curt's manual slider to the hitch. I wanted to save weight and I already had the Curt installed.

Negotiating our maze-like storage site and backing into our first RV park worked fine without sliding. I had a really tight situation at the second back-in site, didn't pay enough attention, and BOOM, the back window of the truck exploded - I'd turned too tight. Now I have another at-fault insurance claim on the books.

My new plan is to always slide the hitch when I get to an RV park where I have a back-in site. Annoying, but not that big a deal since it'll be very rare that I'll have Minnesota weather . If weight wasn't an issue and I was starting from scratch, I'd buy an automatic slider.
    2020 Ford F150 XLT with HDPP, 3.5L TT V6, 6.5' bed, 3.73 axle, Curt A16 manual slider hitch.
    2021 GD Reflections 150 series 295RL 33' 5th
    Long ago: Carriage Lite 35' 5th, towed by Dodge Ram 2500 V10

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123