User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    I don’t as I use a Husky centreline but why are you curious?

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    I’ve noted that you have responded to other threads about friction bar hitches in the past.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help selecting correct Equalizer weight distribution bars for Grand Design 2500RL

Quote Originally Posted by Tigger1 View Post
    I’ve noted that you have responded to other threads about friction bar hitches in the past.
    Okay and?
    I am not allowed?

I don’t have an opinion of whether the 1200 lb bars would make his ride harsher than is 1000 lb bars because I haven’t experienced it
    That is why I never once responded to the Op
    My hitch the Husky has a wider range 800-1200 lbs

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you can just buy the 1200 lb bars and use with your existing hitch head I would recommend getting them when you add a battery and bike rack . The ride should be fine and in fact the experience will probably be better if you can get your steer axle closer to the unloaded weight.

I have the opposite situation. My trailer hitch weight is 700lb and I have a husky ts hitch rated for 800-1200 on. I towed today with some 700-800 lb bars and the experience was definitely better.

Since you know your hitch weight just use the appropriate hitch weight rating and it will be as good as possible. No doubt, if you cannot return your your steer axle to close to the unloaded weight your bars/hitch are too light.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TXkmpr View Post
    If you can just buy the 1200 lb bars and use with your existing hitch head I would recommend getting them when you add a battery and bike rack . The ride should be fine and in fact the experience will probably be better if you can get your steer axle closer to the unloaded weight.

I have the opposite situation. My trailer hitch weight is 700lb and I have a husky ts hitch rated for 800-1200 on. I towed today with some 700-800 lb bars and the experience was definitely better.

Since you know your hitch weight just use the appropriate hitch weight rating and it will be as good as possible. No doubt, if you cannot return your your steer axle to close to the unloaded weight your bars/hitch are too light.
    That is interesting you found lighter bars better

I have the same 800-1200 bars and the tongue weight on the 2400 was only 540lb. First drive home was flawless

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TXkmpr View Post

Unfortunately, the friction bars on the E4 are not interchangeable. I will need to buy new bars and a new head to the tune of about $600. A real flaw of the Equalizer system in my opinion, but lucrative for the company I suppose. I may look into the husky center line. Thanks for your response.
    2021 Ram 3500
    2021 Reflection 28BH
    B&W Companion

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not a fan of bigger is necessarily better. I have a 2970 rl and tow with a f150 3.5 short bed with max tow. I have the eq4 with 1000 bars. I thought I would have to go with heavier bars but after this first trip from Cortez Co to Camp Verde Az, I think I have a perfect setup. Front end is 1/4” from stock height with 1/2 tank of water and all other accoutrements for our style of camping. Pulled fantastic at freeway speeds, with passing semi’s and a little wind. Setup is everything. Experience doesn’t hurt either but another topic all together.
    2019 F150 4x4 screw sb with max towing
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    2 many former rigs to list.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobnColo View Post
    I am not a fan of bigger is necessarily better. I have a 2970 rl and tow with a f150 3.5 short bed with max tow. I have the eq4 with 1000 bars. I thought I would have to go with heavier bars but after this first trip from Cortez Co to Camp Verde Az, I think I have a perfect setup. Front end is 1/4” from stock height with 1/2 tank of water and all other accoutrements for our style of camping. Pulled fantastic at freeway speeds, with passing semi’s and a little wind. Setup is everything. Experience doesn’t hurt either but another topic all together.

Thank you for your input. For anyone wanting an update I took the plunge on a ProPride after a lot of research. Decided on the 1400 lb bars giving me a wide tongue weight range of 800-1400 lbs. I can now travel with a full tank of water worry free. Any wiggle or sway is completely gone and honestly the change is astounding. I still feel like the equalizer is a great hitch in certain setups, I just couldn’t get it to work to my satisfaction. Happy travels!
    2021 Ram 3500
    2021 Reflection 28BH
    B&W Companion

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always stick with bars & a hitch that are rated for within your exact weights. Not rated for the next step up weight and absolutely not less.
    The Equalizer 4point hitch is the best by a long shot IMHO of over 20 years of towing a TT.
    I now own a fifth wheel now or I would be using them again.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are all of the weights measured, or are some calculated? And if calculated, which ones?

By 1000 and 1200 Equalizer arms, do you mean 10k or 12k models? I think 10k was sold out when I got mine, so I got the 12k and it seems fine on the Benz. Not harsh. A little creaky/clunky, but I don't know that's any different from the 10k. Not sure what the Airmatic suspension is doing to accommodate, though.
    Last edited by dbphillips; 04-07-2021 at 05:14 PM.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2021 2500rl. Using the E2 hitch with 1000 lb round bar. The 1000lb bar is supposed to be good for a trailer weighing up to 10,000 lbs. the max weight for a loaded 2500 is 7500 lbs.

I’m pulling with a 2020 F150 with a 2060lb carry capacity. Just went from basically Memphis to Key West with no problems, no white knuckles. I do drive 5mph below posted speed limits on the Interstate. Not because of the drive, but 65 just seems to be a sweet spot for gas mileage and noice.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast