Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Front landing gear uncommanded retraction

I have a Momentum 351m toy hauler in enclosed storage. When I stored it from last use, approx 1 month ago, I had it auto leveled. When I came to check on it a week ago the front landing gear was completely retracted with the rear and middle leveling jacks still extended. There are no leaks that I can see and the fluid is full. Any idea why this would happen?

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srino1996 View Post
    I have a Momentum 351m toy hauler in enclosed storage. When I stored it from last use, approx 1 month ago, I had it auto leveled. When I came to check on it a week ago the front landing gear was completely retracted with the rear and middle leveling jacks still extended. There are no leaks that I can see and the fluid is full. Any idea why this would happen?
    Sounds like fluid leaked past a valve back into the tank.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bungy View Post
    Sounds like fluid leaked past a valve back into the tank.
    That’s kinda what I was thinking but wasn’t sure how to test that theory. It’s happened a couple times now.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s kinda what I was thinking but wasn’t sure how to test that theory. It’s happened a couple times now.
    Ya, you'd have to deadend the system somehow to prevent the flowback.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bungy View Post
    Ya, you'd have to deadend the system somehow to prevent the flowback.
    Thank you for the info. Much appreciated

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't mention the year model of your rig. Do you have the One-Control? Could somebody else be raising their jacks and yours too? I have a 2004 Lance truck camper we bought at a RV show. The factory rep could raise and lower all campers at the show with 1 module.

I don't have the One control so this is just a guess from what I've seen in the past.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since you have NO external leaks the only two things that will cause both front LG to retract ( loose extend hyd pressure is)

1. Either the manual over ride screw on the Hydac valve isn’t fully CCW allowing fluid to flow past or the valve is sticking and not closing completely

2. You have an internal leak in one of the two Frt LG.. they are connected in tandem so wha5 affects one affects the other..

There is an easy test you can do yourself to verify if you have an internal leak on one of the two front LG

https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd_0001910.pdf

Pic of Hydac valve on Frt LG.. only one for both. My finger points to the manual override screw. Use Allen wrench and make sure it’s turned fully CCW
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A3C519FB-94D7-4BF7-943C-EA551F85DC6D.jpeg  

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the link to the test and the pic showing the valve. I appreciate it!