Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honda EU3000IS questions

Taking delivery of a new 2400BH this week. Once all the “ fun” new issues are worked out I will be camping off grid from time to time. I already own a Honda EU3000IS. Curious if anyone is using this to power their Imagine and two questions.
    1. How does it do with the 15,000 AC unit
    2. Thinking of using an aftermarket holder via the rear bumper. ( I believe the 3000 weighs around 100lbs . Anyone doing this? Recommendations.
    Thanks again !
    2021 Imagine 2400BH, 2019 F250 SuperDuty

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Truckee1 View Post
    Taking delivery of a new 2400BH this week. Once all the “ fun” new issues are worked out I will be camping off grid from time to time. I already own a Honda EU3000IS. Curious if anyone is using this to power their Imagine and two questions.
    2. Thinking of using an aftermarket holder via the rear bumper. ( I believe the 3000 weighs around 100lbs . Anyone doing this? Recommendations.
    Thanks again !
    Congrats and welcome to the group. Your geny should be OK with the ac depending on what else is running. We have a 3500 Firman and everything runs. Worse case would be to add a Easy Start from micro air. As for mounting your geny on the bumper, it's not recommended but some have come up with clever solutions. If you do a search on here, these should come up.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have 2400BH and an EU3000is. Have not camped with generator but have run it in driveway as a test. It works, but the AC starting load is about all the generator can handle.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Truckee1 View Post
    Thanks again !
    Don’t believe we have 15k ac units on the 2400

And keep in mind the rear bumper is tucked under the body by about 2 inches. On some older models they appear to be out from the body more

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exhaust from generator may be too close to the trailer if run from the bumper. Could get sucked in.
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM