User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustDucky View Post
    I think that's always a possibility which is another reason I would install one of the pressure gauges before the filters. It would also verify the regulator pressure is correctly set as I heard sometimes they don't hold the pressure consistently. I might start out with one filter then add another if things look good. Also, when buying hose fittings and shut off valves - does anyone but me look at the size of the valve opening. Some are 1/4" and some are 3/8". Bottom line - If water pressure becomes an issue you could bypass all this stuff and see if it makes a difference.
    If you look at my pictures, my regulator is in the basement, and before the filters. That way I have no more than 40 PSI going into the filters and coach.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, the smaller piping could conceivably increase the water pressure at the sacrifice of volume. You would show good pressure at the upstream side, but have lousy water pressure at the spigots because there just isn't enough water getting past the restrictions.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    If you look at my pictures, my regulator is in the basement, and before the filters. That way I have no more than 40 PSI going into the filters and coach.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Yep, I noticed that after I sent my first reply and is something I may incorporate in my system. It certainly prevents one from leaving the regulator behind at the spigot as I have read several have.

Lots of good ideas on this subject. Thanks
    Bill
    2021 C-2500HD Duramax; B&W Champion; Reese Airborne Sidewinder
    2022 341RDS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    first i would like to say you guys do some exceptional work and i appreciate the level of detail you have included. Jproctor9 your pex install is super clean love the way it looks and i like the idea of using pex. i too will be doing this project when the weather clears up a bit.

Moonshadow, love the idea of a hinged door to access the back of the nautilus, i will be doing something very similar. i do have a couple of questions on the disconnects. first ever had one leak? they look like they might effect the line pressure, ever checked the pressure before and after the disconnects? and thanks for the parts list from amazon my shopping cart is full and i am ready to pull the trigger.
    US Air Force Retired
    Mike and Jean Mcloud Oklahoma
    2021 Ram Tradesman 3500 CCLB 4x4 Srw 6.4HEMI
    2021 Reflection 337 RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jproctor9 View Post
    I made a similar setup but used pocket screws to mount the plywood behind the paneling. Purely a cosmetic decision. I used PEX for my connections but may need to rethink the pressure regulator (I currently attach at the spigot) after seeing MoonShadow's setup.

Attachment 34221
    jprotor9 - did you use 3/4" or 1/2" Pex on this? It looks like 3/4. Like the metal formed 90 for guiding the Pex at top bend. Source?
    Bill
    2022 341RDS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustDucky View Post
    jprotor9 - did you use 3/4" or 1/2" Pex on this? It looks like 3/4. Like the metal formed 90 for guiding the Pex at top bend. Source?
    I used 3/4. Probably could use 1/2 but since this was all before the filter I wanted no self imposed restriction.

90 degree is just a plastic mounting bend. Got it at HD ...

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Apollo-3...ND34/301921332

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    James and Dawn
    2019 F150 SCREW 3.5EB 6.5' - Haloview MC7109; Cooper AT3 LTX; Sumo Springs; ProPride WDH

2021 Imagine 2400BH - GY Endurance 225/75-15; MORryde CRE3000, HD shackles and wet bolts, X-factor crossmembers

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to attempt this idea as we only use the cheap blue ones at the nozal now.
    Ed & Kaitlin
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    2018 F350 SD Platinum FX4 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 55 Gallon Titan Tank, Air Lift 5000.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jproctor9 View Post
    I used 3/4. Probably could use 1/2 but since this was all before the filter I wanted no self imposed restriction.

90 degree is just a plastic mounting bend. Got it at HD ...

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Apollo-3...ND34/301921332

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    That makes sense. I'll add it to my plan. Thanks

Bill
    Bill
    2022 341RDS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

water filter install

After much R&D, which included ideas gained from this forum, I've designed and installed a 2 stage water system in my 341RDS. It can use a variety of the standard sized 10 x 2.5 filters so you can choose your own level of filtering abilities with several combinations of filters. I took the one piece back wall partition and cut it into 3 pieces, reinforced the filter section with 1/4" plywood and installed it on hinges that I modified with removable pins. I added 2 pressure gauges to help determine when a filter needs replacing. The whole unit is removable from the rig or swings open to access the back of the Nautilus system. Using a pressure regulator set at 50 psi, I see little to no pressure drop using new filters. Time will tell what happens after some use. On the 2nd section of wall I install a plexiglass window. This section can be easily removed with 4 screws allowing greater access to the sub-basement area. 3 led light strips powered by my cordless power tools battery lights up the entire area behind the wall so you can see through the window without any reflecting glare from a flashlight. You can easily see the back of the Nautilus system, tankless hot water heater, water pump and various plumbing and wiring through the window. The remaining wall section remains as originally designed. Sorry about the pix view. I can't figure out how to rotate them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FilterDr2.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	40483Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Filter door 1.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	40484Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Filter door 2.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	40485Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Filter door 3.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	40486
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Basemtwind-Naut1.jpg  
    Bill
    2022 341RDS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    Updated pictures - 1
    I really like this setup. Why did you use the Y connection with the shutoff valves at the water inlet though? I didn't see an explanation in any comments and can't figure it out.
    2017 Ford F350 SRW King Ranch 8' bed
    2022 Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R
    Factory installed 300 watts solar; 2 x 100ah BB batteries; GenY hitch with gooseneck coupler

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast