Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Embarrased Newbie.......

Hey Team - Paperwork on Friday on Solitude 310 - Pulled into close by KOA - Killed it - set up great - great evening - Rigged down Saturday - Killed it - all went to plan - 1 hour trip to storage - mostly interstate, some bumpy side roads to get to storage - Got there - walked in - Water Everywhere - and the sink covers dislodged. I DID NOT DRIVE CRAZY -

Upon further review - Fresh water tank was full - I missed emptying that at campground. All other tanks properly emptied etc.... -

Has anyone experienced this? I"m guessing all the sloshing around with a full fresh water tank created pressure and pushed out of sink faucet in a robust manner..... But i don't know -

Any comments welcomed ----

One other note - has anyone run their TV off of their Iphone Hotspot instead of campground WIFI?

thanks Team - Hopefully before long - i'll be adding to this forum instead of asking for help......

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have pulled many times over the years with a full water tank. I have never had this kind of issue, and you should not have. The only way for the water to get from the fresh water tank to your sink (or anywhere else) is with the pump on and tap open. Are you sure it's fresh water? Is the P trap loose? Check your hot water heater too. Also we pull the sink covers and store them on the bed in the bunk room for trips.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DBISS7 View Post
    Hey Team - Paperwork on Friday on Solitude 310 - Pulled into close by KOA - Killed it - set up great - great evening - Rigged down Saturday - Killed it - all went to plan - 1 hour trip to storage - mostly interstate, some bumpy side roads to get to storage - Got there - walked in - Water Everywhere - and the sink covers dislodged. I DID NOT DRIVE CRAZY -

Upon further review - Fresh water tank was full - I missed emptying that at campground. All other tanks properly emptied etc.... -

Has anyone experienced this? I"m guessing all the sloshing around with a full fresh water tank created pressure and pushed out of sink faucet in a robust manner..... But i don't know -

Any comments welcomed ----

One other note - has anyone run their TV off of their Iphone Hotspot instead of campground WIFI?

thanks Team - Hopefully before long - i'll be adding to this forum instead of asking for help......
    We do not travel with the sink covers in place. Just don't want to hit a bump and have them turn into missiles.

On a second note, yes, we used hotspots exclusively for the TVs.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As with everyone else, stow the sink covers! Unless you sling a MORryde IS under it, they're inevitably popping off. In fact, I recall here that someone had their pantry door's glass shattered when theirs popped out. Now for the water, and chance you left your pump turned on and the bouncing cover bumped the faucet handle? Did you pack up in rain? If so, could be from the slide-out roofs.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    As with everyone else, stow the sink covers! Unless you sling a MORryde IS under it, they're inevitably popping off. In fact, I recall here that someone had their pantry door's glass shattered when theirs popped out. Now for the water, and chance you left your pump turned on and the bouncing cover bumped the faucet handle? Did you pack up in rain? If so, could be from the slide-out roofs.
    That's what came to mind also about the water.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Funny you should mention this. We have MORryde IS and still don't travel with the sink covers in place. In fact, our sink covers are in storage back in SC.
    @DBISS7 - as others have mentioned, water can get inside if you pull in the slides during or after a rain. This isn't a problem - just use a rag or towel to mop it up. The advice about making sure the water pump is off is also a must-do on your pre-departure checklist. We have Android phones and I installed an app called RVChecklist. It comes with some stock/generic checklists, but you can do your own (even create them in a spreadsheet and save them as a .CSV file and import them). I built one specific to our 310GK-R for pre-departure. We've been full-timing over 5-1/2 years but as I age there's no such thing as too many safety nets.

For internet and streaming, we have a "grandfathered" truly unlimited hotspot on Verizon, so I don't know much about using phones for hotspots.

BTW - Now you can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Happy camping!

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We tape our sink covers down with blue masking tape when traveling. We also remove the microwave glass turntable from the microwave and store it when traveling.

I have no idea why you have water all over. We travel with 1/4 tank of freaky water in case we need to stop and use the bathroom while traveling.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    We tape our sink covers down with blue masking tape when traveling. We also remove the microwave glass turntable from the microwave and store it when traveling.

I have no idea why you have water all over. We travel with 1/4 tank of freaky water in case we need to stop and use the bathroom while traveling.
    We tape our sink covers down with blue painters tape as well. Holds them down in place very well and we've traveled some pretty rough roads without an issue.
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 340RDS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW Limited

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you leave the water pump on ? if so maybe the handle got hit when the boards were jumping about. You just learned your first lesson in what not to leave in place while in transit ! How much water made it to the Gray tank?

We had a simular situation , left the pump on and the water handle jostled on rough roads we went in to find a sink full and a drowned electric percolator that was in the sink for travel. 3 lessons learned that day...always remember to turn the water pump off, strap the handle in place and never leave the sink strainers in place to plug up the drain in case I forget the first 2 lessons!
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We also stow the sink covers and Velcro the faucet in the off position and turn pump off.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast