User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Universal Docking station

Has anyone modified the removable panel on the Universal docking station? I had to remove it to dewinterize the other day. I'm not impressed with it's construction. The frame, if you want to call it a frame, is splitting already. I'm thinking about building a hinged door. I'd like to see your mods or hear your ideas.
    Phil & Clisty Porter
    Indianola, IA
    2015 Silverado 2500HD
    2017 Imagine 2950RL

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same here. I may take a hole saw to mine to access the winterizing valve.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanking about putting a access door on mine
    NAVY 1980-1984
    2022 Reflection 337 RLS
    2023 GMC SierraDenali 2500 HD
    Anderson ultimate hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I'll modify it to a hinged door myself. The water pump on my 2500RL is inside the docking station so any work needing to be done inside there (including winterizing) will be easier if modified for better accessibility.
    2017 Imagine 2500RL
    2016 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 5.0 V8 3.55

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I removed and discarded all the screws holding the two metal corners & wood panel on the 2500RL's docking station.
    Then I glued the two metal corners on the wood panel using "Goop".
    Next I used six velcro patches (short self-stick pieces stapled on docking box wood studs, longer self-stick pieces on removable panel) to hold panel on.
    This panel is easy to pull off so that access to winterizing valve & hose is quick.

Reason for doing this is I wanted to connect my winterizing hose to the fresh water tank's drain line in order to use the last 8 gallons of fresh water.
    (See my other older post in Plumbing explaining why the last 8-9 gallons is not useable in these tanks since pump suction line is connected to side of fresh tank rather than the bottom).
    Steve and Camy
    2017 TUNDRA 5.7L CrewMax 4WD
    2017 IMAGINE 2500RL, Andersen WD Hitch, Honda 2200 Gen (bumper-mount)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very good ideas here about creating a door or quick release panel to access the internals of the docking station. I read the other day where someone cut a hole into the left cabinet in the bedroom then covered it with a louver / grate to get heat down into the docking station (water pump) for cold weather situations. I wonder whether very thin foam (1/4 thick or less) insulation sheets can be placed on the insides of the docking station to help. I need to take the panel off our 2950RL just to see what it is like inside.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve, I was the one who added louvered vents between BR and docking station in order to keep the pump warm in freezing temperatures. The inside of my docking station is very cramped, and perhaps hard to insulate with any usable thickness. I was thinking of wrapping the outside of the docking station in 1 inch thick sheet of polyurethane foam whenever it's cold, but can also place a small fan facing louvers.
    Steve and Camy
    2017 TUNDRA 5.7L CrewMax 4WD
    2017 IMAGINE 2500RL, Andersen WD Hitch, Honda 2200 Gen (bumper-mount)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve, I thought you did a great job and detailed information. I read your info on how they ran the underneath heating duct for the 4 seasons package. Really! Just one duct aimed at the dump valve area?
    I thought it was more inclusive than that. I am glad I read your write up, I would have not paid attention to that since I thought more of the under-side was heated.

I am going to have to look into this and do something like you did. When we go up to stay with the kids and grand-kids in Indiana & Ohio we probably wont head back to Texas until mid late December. They can get some pretty cold weather up there then. I dont want anything to freeze and or bust.

I haven't decided how we are going to handle fresh water during that time. Holding tank or heated fresh water hose.

Thanks Again
    Last edited by Steven@147; 07-29-2017 at 12:48 PM. Reason: added pic
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a look inside our docking station the other day. Wish they would have been more neater with the installation. Going to have to do some work in here shoring up the rear loose panel, modifying the side panel for a more user friendly access for removal and replacement and adding better cold weather heating to this area.

Let see if I can get the picture to attach right
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1349.jpg  

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not to be ignorant, but what is the docking station you are talking about and could you explain the heating system for the underbelly? We're in the process of looking at the 2600RB or the 2500RL to the point of purchase. Just trying to figure out how they heat the underbelly. We will be boondocking more than anything and I'm trying to decide if this is the wisest choice for us.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast