Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Slide Topper 240RL

I added a slide topper to our slide. When the camper is level the slide will jam or stick, when not leveled it will go in and out with no issues. Any reason why for the issue when it is level?

Didn't have any issues with the slide before the topper was added.
    Curtis and Eva

2021 Reflection 240RL
    2020 Ram 2500 Big Horn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by curucrt View Post
    I added a slide topper to our slide. When the camper is level the slide will jam or stick, when not leveled it will go in and out with no issues. Any reason why for the issue when it is level?

Didn't have any issues with the slide before the topper was added.
    Do you have any pics of the install or finished product? I was thinking of adding a topper to mine. Did you not have sticky slide issues before the topper? I have noticed on mine the slide operates much smoother when it's sitting on wheels compared to when it's leveled. I don't know how they sit on the ground during constriction, but I believe when it's sitting on 4 jacks instead of 2 front and the wheels, it bows the frame just enough to put the shwintech system in a bit of a bind, and that would make sense to cause many of the issues with this slide system that I've seen. I added a little white lithium to the rails and guides and only open/close my slide when hooked up to the truck, or with just the fronts down, and it seems to operate much smoother. I can definitely still hear the motors straining more with all 4 jacks down.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got the camper back to my house and tested the slides leveled and unleveled. When it was leveled the slide moved about 3" and stopped. The app showed a fault. I ran the slide back in and the fault cleared. I then moved the slide-out again and it was successful. Moved it in and out a few times with no problems. Same when I unleveled it, successfully went in and out. The motors always seem to struggle at times with no specific point during the move in or out.
    Curtis and Eva

2021 Reflection 240RL
    2020 Ram 2500 Big Horn

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far we haven't noticed a difference in our 240RL putting the slide in and out whether we are just on wheels or using the jacks. In both cases camper is level. Just curious what slide out topper did you get and what width? I am looking at doing the same thing. I have always been leery of the Schwintek slides based on what a mechanic told me but liked too many of the features of the 240RL to not go with it.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used a local RV shop that also has a mobile tech service. They installed a CareFree slide topper with the fabric 125.5". Took 2 weeks for parts to come in and in less than a week they called for me to drop my camper. I dropped it off when they opened and picked it up before lunch. Didn't have to wait 6 weeks for an appointment like all the big dealer service shops. No issues on our last camping trip. it went out and in with no issues. It is very intermittent.
    Curtis and Eva

2021 Reflection 240RL
    2020 Ram 2500 Big Horn