Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

17MKE Generator?

Hi all,

My wife and I are set to pick up our new 17MKE here in the next couple of weeks and couldn't be more excited! As far as generator power for boondocking I am going with Honda but stuck between either a eu3000is or two eu2200i models in parallel. Anyone have any experience with either of these models and the 17MKE? I am leaning toward the 3000 just because I would only need one unit but at 130lbs it's a bit of a monster.

Thanks,

Gary

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you do a search on here you'll see that that subject has been brought up many times with differences in options. I have a 3500 Firman and it works great but it sure is heavy. Larger genys are heavier but also hold more gas. Smaller ones are lighter and also a little quieter. It's really up to you. If you do plan on the smaller geny and plan to use the ac I would add an EasyStart for the ac. YMMV

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a Westinghouse 4500 dual fuel. It’s 100 lbs considerably lighter than the Honda. $1550 dollars cheaper too. Remote start. Made in Columbus Ohio. It’s got a digital readout letting you know the amt of fuel left. Amt of hours till an oil change. Best of all a remote start. Runs 18 hrs on full tank ( 3 gallons) . No need for parallel port. Best of all $1050 less than 1 Honda 2200. Has wheels and handle to roll.

Cummins / Onan are identical. Made by companies making generators for RV A and C units and world traveling sailboats.

https://www.electricgeneratorsdirect...caArHQEALw_wcB
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM