Thread: Not much heat coming out

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not much heat coming out

I have a 2021 297rsts
    Lots and lots of heat in the bed room and bathroom but not very much heat in the living/kitchen room ant idea what is wrong or what to do to fix it?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My situation may be similar to yours:

I have a new Reflection 31MB and took it on a week long first trip. Set thermostat at night to 60 degrees and we burned about 3/4 of a 30lb tank in 3 days while boondocking. Temps during day were low 60ís, at night high 30ís to low 40ís.

I was shocked at my propane burn. Pulled back the partition wall in the pass through storage and found the furnace to leak a tremendous amount of air. Anything below the cabin floor is toasty warm; the cabin of the coach meanwhile was cold. I found quite a bit of air leak from the seams of the furnace, and gaps in the sheet metal for the hose flange connections.

I took some silver foil tape and patched up all the air gaps I could reasonably get to, but Iím still very disappointed with the furnace air flow to the registers.

I have 4 registers: 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom at the toe kick plate area of the vanity, (a passive ďholeĒ behind the toilet that lets the compartment air and insects radiate from below), 1 round outlet in the mid bunk that actually puts out reasonable air (and 1 round air intake for furnace), and 1 at the kitchen island baseboard. All but the mid bunk were what I would consider poor heat, even after checking for kinks and taping up gaps. I havenít dropped the underbelly to check for more kinks yet, but Iím definitely in the club of furnace disappointment. This isnít my first RV.

Incidentally, while inspecting the furnace I found 2 water leaks from the vinyl cold water tubing fittings behind the Nautilus panel. Between that and the cracked sewer pipes that I spent a day on my back fixing, Iím starting to have mixed feelings about Grand Design. The quality is suffering.

Oh, and my dealer still owes me parts for broken stuff I found on the PDI weeks and weeks ago.

Sorry for the rant, I feel a little better now!