Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not much heat coming out

I have a 2021 297rsts
    Lots and lots of heat in the bed room and bathroom but not very much heat in the living/kitchen room ant idea what is wrong or what to do to fix it?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My situation may be similar to yours:

I have a new Reflection 31MB and took it on a week long first trip. Set thermostat at night to 60 degrees and we burned about 3/4 of a 30lb tank in 3 days while boondocking. Temps during day were low 60’s, at night high 30’s to low 40’s.

I was shocked at my propane burn. Pulled back the partition wall in the pass through storage and found the furnace to leak a tremendous amount of air. Anything below the cabin floor is toasty warm; the cabin of the coach meanwhile was cold. I found quite a bit of air leak from the seams of the furnace, and gaps in the sheet metal for the hose flange connections.

I took some silver foil tape and patched up all the air gaps I could reasonably get to, but I’m still very disappointed with the furnace air flow to the registers.

I have 4 registers: 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom at the toe kick plate area of the vanity, (a passive “hole” behind the toilet that lets the compartment air and insects radiate from below), 1 round outlet in the mid bunk that actually puts out reasonable air (and 1 round air intake for furnace), and 1 at the kitchen island baseboard. All but the mid bunk were what I would consider poor heat, even after checking for kinks and taping up gaps. I haven’t dropped the underbelly to check for more kinks yet, but I’m definitely in the club of furnace disappointment. This isn’t my first RV.

Incidentally, while inspecting the furnace I found 2 water leaks from the vinyl cold water tubing fittings behind the Nautilus panel. Between that and the cracked sewer pipes that I spent a day on my back fixing, I’m starting to have mixed feelings about Grand Design. The quality is suffering.

Oh, and my dealer still owes me parts for broken stuff I found on the PDI weeks and weeks ago.

Sorry for the rant, I feel a little better now!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just bought a 31MB and have heating issues too. Still working out what all to do. I did seal up the furnace where it leaks. It does leak a lot. Took out all the kinks in the ducts behind the furnace too. It helped, but still won't keep up on a cold night. Our inside temp still fell about 5 degrees on a mid 30 night outside.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So when I talk to Grand Design tech-support they recommended purchasing closing the louvered vents to put in those ones place so what I ended up doing was just putting foil tape on the backside of the actual Luer vent with a small hole in it in the bedroom and bathroom which in return but a lot more air out in the living room kitchen much better thanks Grand Design

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours is just overall low airflow everywhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 290bh also has poor heating due to crummy design. This is my 4th rv so you know when something isn't right. Another owner on here posted this pic of under his bathroom vanity. Grand design just cut a hole in the floor and let air meander up inside the vanity and then out thru a vent in the bedroom and one in the bathroom. If course neither one had good airflow. I followed his lead and put in a dedicated air duct from their hole in the floor to the bedroom air vent.

It's better but still cold in the main area. So I'm going to split off the duct for the bedroom from the furnace and put in a new vent in the stair riser, like many other models have.

I'm also going to put in an in-duct 12 volt air blower in the duct that goes to the rear vent. I'll wire that to the furnace blower to go off and on with the furnace.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210503-181515_Chrome.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	33868