User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suber81083 View Post
    Ok thanks for all the info. So if I get a generator make sure it says inverter/generator? No I do not have a 30AMP plug at my house I adapt it down to a 15 amp(I think) regular wall plug on the outside of my house. What inverter gen do you recommend? Brand that is? Honda, champion, Wen, etc.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any one that fits your budget, that is at least 2000 watts running. If you search the forum, there are a number of threads that cover the pros and cons of several brands.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suber81083 View Post
    Ok how do I know if I have a soft start a/c?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you have a Furrion, it is a soft start unit. This is the generator I have. Love it, it runs everything simultaneously.

https://westinghouseoutdoorpower.com...ator-dual-fuel
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZMike View Post
    If you have a Furrion, it is a soft start unit. This is the generator I have. Love it, it runs everything simultaneously.

2020 trailer so doubtful

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You really have options from 2000 + just depending on how much power you are going to use all at once. The converter will pull some decent juice if your batteries are low.

The Champion 2500 watt dual fuel inverter is under $500. It is parallel capable, and from a reputable brand. A lot of people prefer 2x these versus one of the big ones. Your stated needs you would probably only need the one, but would have the option at very little extra expense versus buying a big one up front.
    Last edited by Stealth13777; 03-29-2021 at 02:35 PM.
    2022 Transcend Xplor 240ML
    2019 Imagine XLS 17MKE (sold 8/22)
    2017 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0 Fx4
    Blue Ox WDH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you elaborate on the Furrion units having the "Soft Start" function. My new trailer has a Furrion and I don't see any reference to this in their documentation. It would be awesome if it has it from the factory.
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram2500 Laramie CC 6.7 Cummins Diesel w/air-ride auto leveling
    USMC Veteran

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavysledz View Post
    Can you elaborate on the Furrion units having the "Soft Start" function. My new trailer has a Furrion and I don't see any reference to this in their documentation. It would be awesome if it has it from the factory.
    Furrion does not officially document it, but I seen it referenced in other forums. When my A/C comes on, my generator barely throttles up, and it seems to draw a minimum amount of power. I can't recall what my power gauge said at the time, but it is a very gentle startup. I've read posts about Coleman units requiring the soft start add on. Outside of the room sensor being located inside of the Furrion plenum, I am very happy with my Furrion. I took care of that issue by poking the room sensor out past the filter about 2 inches. Also, the Furrion has a "dry" mode which is nice.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Furrion does not officially document it, but I seen it referenced in other forums. When my A/C comes on, my generator barely throttles up, and it seems to draw a minimum amount of power. I can't recall what my power gauge said at the time, but it is a very gentle startup. I've read posts about Coleman units requiring the soft start add on. Outside of the room sensor being located inside of the Furrion plenum, I am very happy with my Furrion. I took care of that issue by poking the room sensor out past the filter about 2 inches. Also, the Furrion has a "dry" mode which is nice.
    Thanks for the info....I too like the Furrion thus far. It is quieter (in my opinion) than the Coleman Mach units. I extended my room sensor using the Castle Winch relocation kit but ended up not using the grill as I felt it desensitized the sensor. The way I have it now, it is very sensitive and is always within 1 degree of a stand alone weather station I have sitting o the counter. I am considering getting the premium thermostat to pick up a few extra bells and whistles too...but was hoping they would come out with a bluetooth version first so I could get that instead.
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram2500 Laramie CC 6.7 Cummins Diesel w/air-ride auto leveling
    USMC Veteran

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inverter generators are the way to go but they are so expensive. They are much quieter, offer alternate fuel options, and are much better for sensitive electronics. For the budget camper, we purchased a generac 5500 watt generator and haven't had any issues. Just wanted to share our experience :-)
    2020 GMC Sierra 2500 AT4 6.6L Gasser
    2020 Imagine 2400BH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealth13777 View Post
    You really have options from 2000 + just depending on how much power you are going to use all at once. The converter will pull some decent juice if your batteries are low.

The Champion 2500 watt dual fuel inverter is under $500. It is parallel capable, and from a reputable brand. A lot of people prefer 2x these versus one of the big ones. Your stated needs you would probably only need the one, but would have the option at very little extra expense versus buying a big one up front.
    I've been looking at the Champion 2500 dual fuel. If you have found it for under $500 please let me know where.

Tim
    Tim
    2020 Reflection 320MKS, Sidewinder Hitch
    2003 2500HD Silverado Duramax, Sumo springs, Hawk Brake Pads

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy Tim View Post
    I've been looking at the Champion 2500 dual fuel. If you have found it for under $500 please let me know where.

Tim
    I looked again. The dual fuels I see are about $580, 2000 watt $520ish. Lowe’s and Walmart. My bad it seems under 500 is gas powered.
    2022 Transcend Xplor 240ML
    2019 Imagine XLS 17MKE (sold 8/22)
    2017 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0 Fx4
    Blue Ox WDH

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12