Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Gen-Y Hitch

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gen-Y Hitch

Has anyone tried or does anyone use the Gen-Y Shock absorbing pin box on their Reflection 5th wheels?
    I currently have the Anderson and really like it, but is a little harsh on suspension.
    I like the video's I've been watching on the Gen-Y.
    Input would be awesome, thanks
    Ray
    Msgt Ray (Ret) and Margie Parker
    2022 GD 303RLS w/Gen-Y gooseneck
    2020 Ram 2500 HD Cummins 6.7/3.73 gears

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgpracer View Post
    Has anyone tried or does anyone use the Gen-Y Shock absorbing pin box on their Reflection 5th wheels?
    I currently have the Anderson and really like it, but is a little harsh on suspension.
    I like the video's I've been watching on the Gen-Y.
    Input would be awesome, thanks
    Ray
    I have had the Gen Y since spring and have been pleased with it. It is solidly built and I have had zero issues with sharp turning and have about 7" of clearance from bedrail to camper. There is a break-in period of about 500 miles or so but after that the torsion rubber loosens. I was unsure which model to go with, but after several discussions with the Gen Y rep I went with what they recommended. My reason is I didn't want to max out the smaller version and knew as time went on, we always seem to add more stuff to carry in our basement. I am glad I went with their recommendation.
    2020 GMC Sierra Denali 3500
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    Gen Y 5th Wheel to Gooseneck Conversion

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyBear View Post
    I have had the Gen Y since spring and have been pleased with it. It is solidly built and I have had zero issues with sharp turning and have about 7" of clearance from bedrail to camper. There is a break-in period of about 500 miles or so but after that the torsion rubber loosens. I was unsure which model to go with, but after several discussions with the Gen Y rep I went with what they recommended. My reason is I didn't want to max out the smaller version and knew as time went on, we always seem to add more stuff to carry in our basement. I am glad I went with their recommendation.
    Did you install the Pinbox on your own? Thanks
    Msgt Ray (Ret) and Margie Parker
    2022 GD 303RLS w/Gen-Y gooseneck
    2020 Ram 2500 HD Cummins 6.7/3.73 gears

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgpracer View Post
    Did you install the Pinbox on your own? Thanks
    No I had the dealer install in when I picked up my Reflection. It took two guys to install it.
    2020 GMC Sierra Denali 3500
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    Gen Y 5th Wheel to Gooseneck Conversion

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed mine on my own. Two guys is preferred to install it but I've also done it by myself.

When I did it by myself, I simply got a floor jack and put it in the back of my truck bed, then balanced the hitch on the jack and used the jack to raise it into place and support it. I also used a pointed pry bar to help align holes. then just simply placed in bolts one by one. It actually wasn't too bad. But two people is much easier.
    2021 Momentum 381M (Ordered 3/6/2020, Delivered 8/27/2020)
    -- Full Body Paint, MORryde IS 7k w/ disc brakes, Gen-Y Gooseneck conversion, 3 AC, Heat Pump, Dual Pane Windows, Slide Toppers, Residential Fridge