User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furrion electric fireplace

We have a new trailer and the fireplace turns on, and within a about 30 seconds the red light comes on and flashes, and the heat quits. The flame continues. Any ideas? We are on vacation and don’t want to take it to the dealer right now. Tx.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fireplace sensors IMG_0676.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	11048

There are two proximity sensors on the top left side of the mesh screen. See photo. The red flashing light indicates that something is within 6" of the sensor, so the fireplace shuts itself down. I had the same issue, and finally trimmed the mesh wires away from the sensors, and it appears to have fixed the problem. In my case, it did not appear that the wires were in the path of the sensors, and should not have caused the problem, but I trimmed them back anyway, and it's now fixed. I used a small sharp wire cutter to trim the wires.

Let us know if this helps.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, that’s probably it. We will try trimming it, but we are dry camping, won’t be able to try it for a bit, thanks, we’ll let you know

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my sensor was actually loose.....read all about it here
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...g-finds-so-far
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, we’ll have the dealer check that when we take it in. Good to be armed with knowledge, right?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Furrion fireplace worked for a several days -- both when set to a specific temperature and when set at the low setting. After several days it would reach temperature --and shut down properly, but the LD red light would come on and blink. It wouldn't restart on its on own until it was reset. I contacted customer service and a new fireplace is being shipped to me. I have to show proof that I destroyed the defective one as well as supply the serial number. Very happy with its performance when it was working --did a great job of heating the trailer

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by camperdave825 View Post
    My Furrion fireplace worked for a several days -- both when set to a specific temperature and when set at the low setting. After several days it would reach temperature --and shut down properly, but the LD red light would come on and blink. It wouldn't restart on its on own until it was reset. I contacted customer service and a new fireplace is being shipped to me. I have to show proof that I destroyed the defective one as well as supply the serial number. Very happy with its performance when it was working --did a great job of heating the trailer
    My fireplace didn't make it two days. Furrion also sent me a replacement. We have only had one chilly trip and the replacement works so far.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guess I got a good one. Have used it extensively for two seasons, no problems.

Now that I've said that, guess I better locate a replacement and have it ready for 1 click ordering

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We purchased our 337 RLS December 30, 2017. Initial fireplace worked two times and then started the notorious "Code 88" fail. After a contentious run around with the selling dealer, and two 110 mile trips to the dealer for warranty/repair, the fireplace heater was finally replaced. (May 2018). Three weeks ago in North Alabama, I turned on the new heater for the first time. It blows hot air for less than 10 seconds. The fan continues to blow cool air and the red fail light comes on. I notified the dealer last week that it was coming back. How can GD continue to use such crap as this Furrion fireplace/heater????
    David & Sandra
    Honey: 10 year old miniature dachshund
    2018 Reflection 337 RLS (Mfg date: 07/24/2017)
    2011 Chevy Silverado "LTZ" 3500 HD
    4x4 Crew Cab DRW 6.6L Duramax LML/Allison
    Payload sticker: 4875#
    Curt Q20 Hitch w/ R20 Slider

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These fireplace/heaters are only $200-$300 items. And I assume GD keeps installing them because the competition has them. But if GD cannot get them to work with any regularity, this experiment just won't work. I mean, how complicated are they?

My 26" generic fireplace heater is sitting in my car trunk and it acts like there's no power to it. I disassembled the back to see if there was any fuse that might have blown. Nope.

I just wish they'd issue me a faceplate with some door fronts matching the rest of my cabinets so I can cover up the hole and have a little more storage space. Then I'd just order a ceramic cube heater on Amazon for $25 and be done with the fireplace.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast