User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    currently we are on our way to Salome AZ.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New load range H tire option

Dealer called and they said my new 395m had just showed up but it was gonna be 5 days before delivery, because they were so busy and they don't deliver on the weekend, but DW and I just had to go look anyways. when I got there i looked at many things the tire upgrade package as well, I was more than a little surprised that the new cooper tires were 215 75R 17.5 load range H and yeah they look pretty beefy they have an L speed rating (75 mph) and a max weight rating of 4850 per tire that's like a little over 29,000 lbs capacity with a max air pressure of 120PSI. Time will tell how they do.
    Mike and Renee with Gracie our Golden Retriever on a full time journey exploring our great Country
    2021 Momentum 395m with Factory installed 8k axles with disc brakes and solar package, 4976# CCC
    2015 F350 CC LB DRW. Firestone #5000 air bags with Air One remote control and Bilstein shocks
    25k B&W Companion on factory 5th wheel mounts

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockdaddy View Post
    Dealer called and they said my new 395m had just showed up but it was gonna be 5 days before delivery, because they were so busy and they don't deliver on the weekend, but DW and I just had to go look anyways. when I got there i looked at many things the tire upgrade package as well, I was more than a little surprised that the new cooper tires were 215 75R 17.5 load range H and yeah they look pretty beefy they have an L speed rating (75 mph) and a max weight rating of 4850 per tire that's like a little over 29,000 lbs capacity with a max air pressure of 120PSI. Time will tell how they do.
    Did you take any pictures?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Similar story here! Our rig sat with the dealer for over 3 weeks after it arrived because they were short staffed and couldn’t line up a tech for the walkthrough. I was also surprised to see the H rated tires. We picked it up yesterday and all good so far. Good luck with yours!
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess this may be classified as one of those things that I just don't understand. I have a 2018 394M (same as the 395 only no 1/2 bath in the garage area) and it came with "G" rated tires. Those tires have a 4080 lb load capacity when inflated to the 110 psi number. That is 24,480 lb of tire capacity. And even if the trailer is loaded to the full GVWR of 20,000 lbs, and ~4000 or so of those lbs is on the pin of the trailer, that still only leave approx. 16,000 lb on the tires/axles of the rig. 16,000 divided up between six tires is approx. 2,666 per tire (assuming that everything is evenly distributed....and it never is). So with each tire being rated at 4080 minus the 2,666 per tire, that is 1,414 lbs of "excess" capacity per tire or 8,484 total. I guess I'm not seeing why it would need an upgrade to an "H" rated tire. Can anyone help me understand this?

Oh, and all of this capacity is on three 7,000 lb axles, so 21,000 lbs of capacity there. So if all three axles were carrying the 16,000 lbs or so if the trailer were loaded to the GVWR of 20,000 lbs, that would be approx. 5,000 lbs of excess axle capacity.
    Last edited by xrated; 06-25-2020 at 06:43 AM.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had Goodyear 114 H rated tires for years first on my Solitude then on my Momentum. I wouldn't have anything else but H rated. Just sayin'.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just picked up my 395m 3 weeks ago . It came with the G rated tire. That would be a pleasant surprise.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbsah View Post
    Similar story here! Our rig sat with the dealer for over 3 weeks after it arrived because they were short staffed and couldn’t line up a tech for the walkthrough. I was also surprised to see the H rated tires. We picked it up yesterday and all good so far. Good luck with yours!
    yeah its insane how busy they were, my sales guy said they were delivering 50 units in 2 days, good luck with your rig and safe travels.
    Mike and Renee with Gracie our Golden Retriever on a full time journey exploring our great Country
    2021 Momentum 395m with Factory installed 8k axles with disc brakes and solar package, 4976# CCC
    2015 F350 CC LB DRW. Firestone #5000 air bags with Air One remote control and Bilstein shocks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    I guess this may be classified as one of those things that I just don't understand. I have a 2018 394M (same as the 395 only no 1/2 bath in the garage area) and it came with "G" rated tires. Those tires have a 4080 lb load capacity when inflated to the 110 psi number. That is 24,480 lb of tire capacity. And even if the trailer is loaded to the full GVWR of 20,000 lbs, and ~4000 or so of those lbs is on the pin of the trailer, that still only leave approx. 16,000 lb on the tires/axles of the rig. 16,000 divided up between six tires is approx. 2,666 per tire (assuming that everything is evenly distributed....and it never is). So with each tire being rated at 4080 minus the 2,666 per tire, that is 1,414 lbs of "excess" capacity per tire or 8,484 total. I guess I'm not seeing why it would need an upgrade to an "H" rated tire. Can anyone help me understand this?

Oh, and all of this capacity is on three 7,000 lb axles, so 21,000 lbs of capacity there. So if all three axles were carrying the 16,000 lbs or so if the trailer were loaded to the GVWR of 20,000 lbs, that would be approx. 5,000 lbs of excess axle capacity.
    I ordered 8k axles with disc brakes and it automatically came with the tire upgrade, I think that the standard tires would be fine as the sidewalls are pretty darn thick and their weight rating is over what I require and the G rated westlakes seem to be doing pretty good when it come to blowouts, but since i got the upgrade ill just enjoy the "extra" capacity.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    Did you take any pictures?
    no, when i got there i was like a kid at Christmas (shaking head) I totally lost my ability to think straight, there were so many things to look at I never even noticed if i had the disc brakes i ordered lol but i sure did notice those tires, good thing i printed out a PDI checklist for when we go back because obviously I'm not gonna keep my composure

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no, when i got there i was like a kid at Christmas (shaking head) I totally lost my ability to think straight, there were so many things to look at I never even noticed if i had the disc brakes i ordered lol but i sure did notice those tires, good thing i printed out a PDI checklist for when we go back because obviously I'm not gonna keep my composure
    Just curious.....does adding the 8K axles also increase the traditional 20K GVWR to a higher number....or did you notice?
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast