User Tag List

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Bluetooth model Micro-Air EasyStart 364

I found a Bluetooth version of the Micro-Air EasyStart 364 at Hutch Mountain:
    https://www.hutchmountain.com/collec...4-soft-starter

I contacted Micro-Air and asked them if they manufactured or sold it. They said they build it and it's sold exclusively by Hutch Mountain. I ordered one so I'll find out how it works. The Bluetooth version lets you configure and monitor the device with a phone app. Not a big deal but what the heck.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Will Not Be Dictated To
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    I found a Bluetooth version of the Micro-Air EasyStart 364 at Hutch Mountain:
    https://www.hutchmountain.com/collec...4-soft-starter

I contacted Micro-Air and asked them if they manufactured or sold it. They said they build it and it's sold exclusively by Hutch Mountain. I ordered one so I'll find out how it works. The Bluetooth version lets you configure and monitor the device with a phone app. Not a big deal but what the heck.
    Thinking of getting two of these for our rig. Did you get the unit and install it yet?
    I left the Forum due to dictatorial administration

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Lovells View Post
    Thinking of getting two of these for our rig. Did you get the unit and install it yet?
    Yes, and it was a very easy install. The install kit included Wago connectors which I prefer to others.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Will Not Be Dictated To
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    Yes, and it was a very easy install. The install kit included Wago connectors which I prefer to others.
    Have you tried the AC and verified the claims via the App? Of course it is just that, a bluetooth app, I guess a line ammeter would be need to verify accurately.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried the AC and verified the claims via the App? Of course it is just that, a bluetooth app, I guess a line ammeter would be need to verify accurately.
    I don't have the new bluetooth version but I can verify the claims. I don't remember the exact numbers but its a significant reduction of start up amps. Trying to tell from just listening, its almost impossible to tell when the compressor kicks on.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Will Not Be Dictated To
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKellerJr View Post
    I don't have the new bluetooth version but I can verify the claims. I don't remember the exact numbers but its a significant reduction of start up amps. Trying to tell from just listening, its almost impossible to tell when the compressor kicks on.
    Good to hear. Thanks

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried the AC and verified the claims via the App?
    No, I didn't compare the app to anything else.
    Brian & Kellie

Previous setups:

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the non-BT model on my truck camper AC and it went from around 46 amps on startup down to around 19.5amps after completing the startup sequence. It does what it says and it is noticeable. You don't hear the compressor struggle on startup like you used to prior to installing the Micro-Air Easy Start. I can now run the AC (Coleman Mach) with my Champion 3200 Watt generator on ECO mode and it hardly even surges on startup now so I know you can run it with a 2200-2500 Watt generator. I thought it was over-priced when I bought it, but it does work so the cost has become less of an issue for me over time.
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram2500 Laramie CC 6.7 Cummins Diesel w/air-ride auto leveling
    USMC Veteran