Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Transcend Xplor 231RK - Tire Removal (All) | TPMS Installation

Good evening GD Community,

My wife and I are new to RVing and just got our wonderful TT, but I have a dilemma. I am unsure what to do to place the unit on blocks so I can remove all of the tires for their TPMS sensors to be installed on Wednesday. Does anyone have any experience with blocking an entire unit with a dual axel? I am not sure if I should place it on blocks under the axel u-bolts on all axel-sides or somewhere on the frame itself. I have two 3000 LBS jack stands and a Hydraulic truck floor jack to utilize, I just don't want to mess anything up. The GD Transcend manual for Tire changing states to jack up at the frame to the rear of the tire being changed, but that is for one side at a time, so not sure if that will work for both sides to fully suspend the trailer wheels.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Best,
    Grant & Kristi
    2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 HC, 3.0L I-6 Duramax
    2021 Grand Design Transcend Xplor 231RK
    Curt 17063 14K WDH W/ Friction Sway Bar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are having a tire shop install the TPMS, just take the whole rig to the tire shop. They will either jack up on tire at a time or one side at a time. And they will likely place their floor jacks close to the tire(s) and jack it up using the axels.

If I was doing that and couldn't take the whole rig to the tire shop, I would jack one side at a time. Just too much potential badness to happen if you had all 4 tires off and a jack stand slipped or something.