User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MSRP? Current discounts?

Went to our local Grand Design dealer looking to trade our rig for a 2021 Imagine 2500RL. Trade value was low balled (in my opinion) and quoted price was MSRP. This dealer would not budge a nickel on either number.

I realize campers are in demand right now, and for this reason I plan on trying to sell my rig myself, but i was curious if anyone else was experiencing the same pricing practices.

Has anyone else heard of dealers not budging on MSRP?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brettaylor View Post
    Went to our local Grand Design dealer looking to trade our rig for a 2021 Imagine 2500RL. Trade value was low balled (in my opinion) and quoted price was MSRP. This dealer would not budge a nickel on either number.

I realize campers are in demand right now, and for this reason I plan on trying to sell my rig myself, but i was curious if anyone else was experiencing the same pricing practices.

The difference is what is important

I had to travel to get my trailer. Locally it worked out they were giving me exactly nothing for my 2014 Jayco

They gave me a trade price off of msrp which equaled the sale price I got without a trade by shopping around

Some places along the coasts I think are getting away with msrp but I would sleep in a tent first

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought our new 3550BH in December. We were told from all dealers all RVs were flying off the lots. That said, my target was 30% off MSRP (including the shipping charge). I was able to get almost 29% off MSRP on our purchase (with the shipping). I have a feeling I could have done this on the Montana or Jayco North Point/Pinnacle products we were cross shopping.

However, this may be on higher priced units that tend to sit a bit longer. Not sure though. Stick to your guns and be willing to look at dealers even far away. Frankly I will probably never go to the dealer - it seems they all have a huge backlog of repairs to do. One reason I went with GD was for their customer service and my hope is, if I need to get something fixed, I do it myself or get it fixed via mobile service.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 2500RL and 2600RB are the two hot ones for GD right now. We were only able to get our dealer in Portland to knock off about 10% from MSRP and then I talked them into throwing in about $900 worth of extras. These two rigs are sold before they get built. I even shopped around as far as I was willing to travel and couldn't get a deal that would offset the cost enough to make it worth my while. Your best bet is to either bite the bullet with the best you can do or wait a few more months.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by steve95628 View Post
    We bought our new 3550BH in December. We were told from all dealers all RVs were flying off the lots. That said, my target was 30% off MSRP (including the shipping charge). I was able to get almost 29% off MSRP on our purchase (with the shipping). I have a feeling I could have done this on the Montana or Jayco North Point/Pinnacle products we were cross shopping.

However, this may be on higher priced units that tend to sit a bit longer. Not sure though. Stick to your guns and be willing to look at dealers even far away. Frankly I will probably never go to the dealer - it seems they all have a huge backlog of repairs to do. One reason I went with GD was for their customer service and my hope is, if I need to get something fixed, I do it myself or get it fixed via mobile service.
    Could be the higher priced units like Steve said. I just closed on my Solitude 380FL today. Got a little over 26% off MSRP plus top dollar for my 2016 Alpine trade-in. I am very happy!
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CMeth54 View Post
    The 2500RL and 2600RB are the two hot ones for GD right now. We were only able to get our dealer in Portland to knock off about 10% from MSRP and then I talked them into throwing in about $900 worth of extras. These two rigs are sold before they get built. I even shopped around as far as I was willing to travel and couldn't get a deal that would offset the cost enough to make it worth my while. Your best bet is to either bite the bullet with the best you can do or wait a few more months.
    This dealer had plenty of stock so it was not something that we would have had to wait on. They had 6 2500RL’s and at least as many 2600RB’s as we looked at that model also.

I have worked in sales for years and one of the worst things you can do is take advantage and scalp people when times are good. You will pay dearly when things turn the other way.

My guess is next year they would beg me to buy and I also think there are gonna be lots of used units for sale.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This dealer had plenty of stock so it was not something that we would have had to wait on. They had 6 2500RL’s and at least as many 2600RB’s as we looked at that model also.

I have worked in sales for years and one of the worst things you can do is take advantage and scalp people when times are good. You will pay dearly when things turn the other way.

My guess is next year they would beg me to buy and I also think there are gonna be lots of used units for sale.

Where are you located? That's quite a lot of 2500 and 2600's on one lot! The dealers on the West Coast don't have any inventory to speak of and if they do happen to have a couple of them they are pre-sold. We were undecided between the 2500 and 2600, so we wanted to wait until we could look at them in person and couldn't find any on the lots unless we wanted to travel 500 miles.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CMeth54 View Post
    Where are you located? That's quite a lot of 2500 and 2600's on one lot! The dealers on the West Coast don't have any inventory to speak of and if they do happen to have a couple of them they are pre-sold. We were undecided between the 2500 and 2600, so we wanted to wait until we could look at them in person and couldn't find any on the lots unless we wanted to travel 500 miles.

We live in Des Moines, Iowa and the dealer is Good Life RV. They have two locations in Iowa, one about 10 miles south of us and another about 75 miles north.

The location just south must have close to 40 or 50 Imagines on the lot.

I was told they were one of the first dealers to take on the GD line back when it started, and because if that, they get access to inventory other dealer do not. I don’t know if they were just blowing smoke or not, but I will admit they have allot of trailers on the ground.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We live in Des Moines, Iowa and the dealer is Good Life RV. They have two locations in Iowa, one about 10 miles south of us and another about 75 miles north.

The location just south must have close to 40 or 50 Imagines on the lot.

I was told they were one of the first dealers to take on the GD line back when it started, and because if that, they get access to inventory other dealer do not. I don’t know if they were just blowing smoke or not, but I will admit they have allot of trailers on the ground.

Wow! Plus you're much closer to Indiana so the freight costs to the dealer will be about 1/3 of what they are out here to the Pacific Ocean!!
    Hopefully they will get their head out of their ****** and give you a good deal. They're probably trying to hold out until camping season comes to an end.

Good Luck!!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just closed on a 303RLS at PleasureLand RV in the Minneapolis area. Got about 24% off. They claim to be one of the largest GD dealers in the country. They have a dealership in Sioux Falls too. The two dealers up near Duluth wanted full MSRP. Wouldn’t budge on price. Smaller market. Guess they think they have a captive customer base. It might be worth the trip to Minneapolis or a Sioux Falls if they have what you want.
    Last edited by Dakota; 03-29-2021 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Spelling

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast