User Tag List

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Observations of our new Solitude on the road

It was baptism by fire. When we left Sunday morning the wind was forecasted to be from the NE at 20 mph. Once on the road,and heading NW towards Junction TX (Llano State Park first night) that wind increased to 30 mph. This was not a steady predictable wind, it was gusting all over the place.

Then two T-storms popped up and were crossing the freeway in front of us during the day, we managed to skate right between two cells, one past, one yet to come. LUCKY!

The Morryde suspension of our 310GK Solitude is superior in all ways to our previous 20 year old Gulf Stream 5th wheel. The hitch was also a huge improvement to the feel and the ride. I was two handed driving pretty much all day Sunday due to the high gusts of winds but never felt out of control.

Sunday evening I discovered that I did not have a 50 to 30 amp pigtail for the state park. No worries, with solar option, we only drained our 2 lead batteries down from 13.7 to 13.3 running the residential fridge, LED lights, the furnace (Short cycles overnight) Very pleased with this ability to boondock.

Monday again greeted us with wind on our next leg to Lubbock, TX where the wind blows all the time! Winds from the SW at 25 mph as we drove NW, then N. Didn't even notice the wind as it was steady and no gusts.

We used our power reel to reel up the 50 amp cord, but discovered yesterday that the reverse doesn't work. Just a minor warranty claim item.

The wife did an awesome job prepping the interior so things didn't come flying out, such as the 3/8" white foam board for the interior of "leaded glass cabinet doors" and the installation of the residential fridge "lock" that prevents the fridge and freezer doors from coming unlatched, thanks to Rob for that recommendation!

Today is a day of rest at a friends farm (after picking up a 50-30amp pigtail) and spas for both Labradors before setting forth for anotherr 4 1/2 days home through Albuquerque, Utah, Idaho, and finally home to Flathead Lake by Sunday.

All in all we are extremely happy with our new rig, both stationary in Texas for 3 months, and on the road recently.

Pics of Llano and farm in Lubbock
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20210328_151113.jpg   20210330_083225.jpg  
    Last edited by Sportsdad60; 03-30-2021 at 09:30 AM.
    2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a great trip. You have a beautiful rig.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesone

Coming from owning a 99 7.3 then a 2013 6.7 and now a 2021 6.7... you are going to be amazed when you tow your rig... and the 48 gal fuel is AWESOME. So far my DEF usage is VERY much higher then my 2013... but will live with that.....
    2019 Solitude 372WB FBP loaded
    2021 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 FX4 Long Bed Rapid Red
    1970 Plymouth Roadrunner
    1968 Dodge Charger

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Home again!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20210404_142642.jpg  
    2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportsdad60 View Post
    Home again!
    Good to hear ! Now that looks like an awesome location for your home on Flathead lake I think as you have shared. We traveled this past weekend on I29 and the snowbirds were headed north in "flocks" getting pushed nicely by the strong south winds.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Home again!
    Man that looks beautiful!
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was baptism by fire. When we left Sunday morning the wind was forecasted to be from the NE at 20 mph. Once on the road,and heading NW towards Junction TX (Llano State Park first night) that wind increased to 30 mph. This was not a steady predictable wind, it was gusting all over the place.

Then two T-storms popped up and were crossing the freeway in front of us during the day, we managed to skate right between two cells, one past, one yet to come. LUCKY!

The Morryde suspension of our 310GK Solitude is superior in all ways to our previous 20 year old Gulf Stream 5th wheel. The hitch was also a huge improvement to the feel and the ride. I was two handed driving pretty much all day Sunday due to the high gusts of winds but never felt out of control.

Sunday evening I discovered that I did not have a 50 to 30 amp pigtail for the state park. No worries, with solar option, we only drained our 2 lead batteries down from 13.7 to 13.3 running the residential fridge, LED lights, the furnace (Short cycles overnight) Very pleased with this ability to boondock.

Monday again greeted us with wind on our next leg to Lubbock, TX where the wind blows all the time! Winds from the SW at 25 mph as we drove NW, then N. Didn't even notice the wind as it was steady and no gusts.

We used our power reel to reel up the 50 amp cord, but discovered yesterday that the reverse doesn't work. Just a minor warranty claim item.

The wife did an awesome job prepping the interior so things didn't come flying out, such as the 3/8" white foam board for the interior of "leaded glass cabinet doors" and the installation of the residential fridge "lock" that prevents the fridge and freezer doors from coming unlatched, thanks to Rob for that recommendation!

Today is a day of rest at a friends farm (after picking up a 50-30amp pigtail) and spas for both Labradors before setting forth for anotherr 4 1/2 days home through Albuquerque, Utah, Idaho, and finally home to Flathead Lake by Sunday.

All in all we are extremely happy with our new rig, both stationary in Texas for 3 months, and on the road recently.

Pics of Llano and farm in Lubbock
    Well, did you get your F-350?
    2021 F-450 King Ranch
    B&W Companion 25k Puck system
    2019 Solitude 385 GK
    2013 F-350 SRW (previous ); B & W 18k Companion Hitch (previous)

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Home again!
    Is that your home? That looks like a good spot to setup camp....let us know your daily rate and what hookups you have [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Is that your home? That looks like a good spot to setup camp....let us know your daily rate and what hookups you have [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Haha I was thinking the same thing! Why the heck is he driving all the way down here...for the heat and humidity?! Lol
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff